8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1461 - 1480 of 1488 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Spent half a day looking page to page and now I want to drop my car :( but I don't think it's worth the trouble here in Boston. Pot holes everywhere...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cool. People also install H&R springs on stock struts. Doesn't change what I said.
Wasn't trying to argue with you. Blues aren't straight OEM replacements. They have proven to handle a mild drop with slightly stiffer springs. Will they handle Neuspeed Race...absolutely not.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Wasn't trying to argue with you. Blues aren't straight OEM replacements. They have proven to handle a mild drop with slightly stiffer springs. Will they handle Neuspeed Race...absolutely not.
Yes, they are straight OEM replacements. Do some research. They will handle lowering springs just as well as OEM struts. OEM struts can handle a "mild" drop as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
image.jpg This is my R18. I'm on raceland coils with ~3in drop. Koenig wheels 16x7( yeah, they're small). Other than that it's pretty stock.

I haven't had the coils long enough to give a long term review. I can tell you a couple things I have found wrong in the design after running them for about two months now. They are soft, which on the highway/smooth road is great. When the road turns **** then it's bad, so dampers could be better. For the Price I guess they are not bad. I got the to replace worn out drop spring/struts. Compared to that the ride is a lot better. The progressive sripng rate needs to be stiffer, even with a 195/50 I rub on big bumps( until I deleted the bumper tab). I'm thinking of upgrading the spings, any thoughts??

·
Registered
13 Posts
For what it's worth, I drive a JDM Civic (from Asia) and here's what Megan Springs' drop looks like. Be forwarned these are freshly installed so the drop may change once I've gotten more mileage on the car with them installed.

Rims: HFP 17" x 7" (Modulo in Asia)
Tires: Federal S95 215/45/17
Suspension: Stock Shocks with Megan Racing Lowering Springs.

Hi, what is the front and the rear drop?Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Suspension: Neuspeed Race Tires: 225/45 Nitto NeoGen Thoughts/Review: First and foremost, i love the drop. these springs put me right at the top of the tire.. which regardless of coils or springs, is where i wanted to be height-wise. i am still on stock struts which sucks because i am not using these to their full potential but life got in the way of the "build" and oddly enough, buying a house was more important. i know eventually i will need to replace blown stocks but for now, i am still going strong. i am excited to see the difference when paired with some Koni's. i do have a decent amount of clunking and popping but that was to be expected. i bought these used from a friend for $80 and had to jump on them before they were gone. would i buy them again? yes. i have grown out of the slammed car phase and want a comfortable ride with a tasteful drop. i feel (remember, still stock struts) that with some awesome shocks i can achieve that with these springs.

Absolutely love this. Definitely worth a try on my sedan. Any sedan pics with stockies?

1461 - 1480 of 1488 Posts