8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1488 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
im kinda thinking of running 235/40-17 in rear and 245/40-17 in front on a 17x9 +25 rim lowered on koni yellow/neuspeed sport setup what do you all think?
offset sounds a bit low for a 245 on 9 in front, double check that unless camber will allow it to fit properly might need to dial down to 235 or 225 but ideally squeezing the 245s would give you maximum grip and higher cornering speed :woowoo:

·
Registered
767 Posts

Suspension: Neuspeed Race
Tires: 225/45 Nitto NeoGen

Thoughts/Review:
First and foremost, i love the drop. these springs put me right at the top of the tire.. which regardless of coils or springs, is where i wanted to be height-wise. i am still on stock struts which sucks because i am not using these to their full potential but life got in the way of the "build" and oddly enough, buying a house was more important. i know eventually i will need to replace blown stocks but for now, i am still going strong.

i am excited to see the difference when paired with some Koni's. i do have a decent amount of clunking and popping but that was to be expected. i bought these used from a friend for $80 and had to jump on them before they were gone.

would i buy them again? yes. i have grown out of the slammed car phase and want a comfortable ride with a tasteful drop. i feel (remember, still stock struts) that with some awesome shocks i can achieve that with these springs. :dance:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

Thoughts/Review:
First and foremost, i love the drop. these springs put me right at the top of the tire.. which regardless of coils or springs, is where i wanted to be height-wise. i am still on stock struts which sucks because i am not using these to their full potential but life got in the way of the "build" and oddly enough, buying a house was more important. i know eventually i will need to replace blown stocks but for now, i am still going strong.

i am excited to see the difference when paired with some Koni's. i do have a decent amount of clunking and popping but that was to be expected. i bought these used from a friend for $80 and had to jump on them before they were gone.

would i buy them again? yes. i have grown out of the slammed car phase and want a comfortable ride with a tasteful drop. i feel (remember, still stock struts) that with some awesome shocks i can achieve that with these springs. :dance:

cant wait to see your impressions when you do get the koni sports cause im a huge fan of neuspeed sport\race. Although why did u expect popping and clunking?

·
Registered
16,395 Posts

Thoughts/Review:

Awesome dog.

I seriously seriously loved my Neuspeed Race. Although I am on BC N+ coils, I still have my Neuspeeds in the garage! Love em!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
:giggle:

Thoughts/Review:

Never been a huge fan of springs but damn does this looks perfect. :claps:

·
Registered
100 Posts

Thoughts/Review:
First and foremost, i love the drop. these springs put me right at the top of the tire.. which regardless of coils or springs, is where i wanted to be height-wise. i am still on stock struts which sucks because i am not using these to their full potential but life got in the way of the "build" and oddly enough, buying a house was more important. i know eventually i will need to replace blown stocks but for now, i am still going strong.i am excited to see the difference when paired with some Koni's. i do have a decent amount of clunking and popping but that was to be expected. i bought these used from a friend for $80 and had to jump on them before they were gone.

Interesting. I feel you, I was on Buddy Club N+ for a year doing the whole stance thing, but after driving a friends car with neuspeed race springs/ koni yellow, I knew I had to try this setup. I just got all the parts I need, unfortunately winter is here in the northeast so ill be putting them on in a few months.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Interesting. I feel you, I was on Buddy Club N+ for a year doing the whole stance thing, but after driving a friends car with neuspeed race springs/ koni yellow, I knew I had to try this setup. I just got all the parts I need, unfortunately winter is here in the northeast so ill be putting them on in a few months.
Ive been preaching this for years lol a quality spring/shock combo FEELS and RIDES much better than coilovers. I have yet to ride in a car with coilovers that feels as smooth as spring/shocks. And to top it off a combo like neuspeed or swift with konis or bilsteins (I wish they made bilsteins for our cars!!!!) will handle amazingly tons of grip and no clanks and pops and rattles and uncomfort etc. People that havnt tried a proper spring/shock swear by coilovers, once they ride on a smooth firm clean spring/shock they convert and hate coilovers foreva!!! :deadhorse:

·
Registered
86 Posts
My thing about shocks and struts is the sag everytime i have dealt with shocks springs the ass end tends to sag and no i didnt use cheap equipment 04 em2 tein on tokico, 95 240sx sportline on kyb now take for granted i drove the piss out of the 240 lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well that's kind of hard to say if it's truly sagging on a coilover set up because it's adjustable...anytime I seen that it looked raked I would adjust the height, with the springs its set you can't adjust height. My em2 had mad sag when I ran drop springs..

1441 - 1460 of 1488 Posts