8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
205 on the Gardiner.
CityNews.ca - Toronto's News: Man Charged With Going 205 Km/h On Gardiner Expressway
The Gardiner is a bumpy ride going 100. Imagine hitting a pothole going over 200? It would be a very messy accident scene.

I have also read about a person on ClubRSX getting caught going 165 on the 401 and 2 other people getting caught for stunting/street racing and driving while suspended?

Maybe I'm just extremely law abiding, but since the new law came out, I dont think I'v gone over 140 on the highway and even thats rare. Usually I'm at around 125.

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Heard this on the radio this morning and it serves him right.

Bad enough doing that speed but being impaired as well.:eek:mg:

He should be thankful he's still alive!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Maybe I'm just extremely law abiding, but since the new law came out, I dont think I'v gone over 140 on the highway and even thats rare. Usually I'm at around 125.
Yeah, same here.. I used to find myself going 140 on the highway quite often. Now I've calmed it down to 125km/h..

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
My silly narrow American mind was :SHOCKED: @ "I've gone over 140 on the highway."

Silly silly stupid Americans and our inability to differentiate between KPH and MPH. :giggle:

But yeah man, there have been all kinds of crazy people down here as well (Tx). It seems like this weird winter of ours has completely thrown everyone off and made them lose all common sense.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
yup when i see my 145 i start to let go of gas.. and for dvp is 135... when i go into waterloo its a whole diff story.. it becomes like 125.. cuz i rmbr one part is liek 80 km/h -.- damit.. got a ticket once for going 120 there... never knew ... normally i just randomly cruise around 115-140 random ups and downs... duno why.. im really unconsistent

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
i duno im really random.. i would drive slow liek 115 then start speeding... but when im in a hurry i would reach times when im going 145..or 130 on dvp... its dangerous going too fast on dvp..

·
Registered
543 Posts
^ you definitely take the title then lol

on a more serious note, good for you sir, its good to know there are drivers like you out there

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
all speeds are fine IMO.. just make sure we are all in the right lanes... especially HOV... or the passing lane...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I drive like cr8tive_leo~~

Talking about the HOV lane, I hate people cutting out or in where they are not suppose to. ..

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I usually drive in late night to waterloo, I cruise all the way @ 120-125km/h. But when I saw someone speeding and pass me, I will go as fast as 150km/h, pass him, then slow down in front of him. But when I drive in day time, I only go 110km/h.

·
Registered
33 Posts
an audi quattro doing 205? that's actually impressive (not the driving impaired part, that's no good) - those audi I5 engines are great to tune

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Whop-bridge. Nice. Ah well, isn't it natures way of deleting the unfit?
Hey now .. lets not get into the race card as we know everybody does it.

Comming home Friday night on the 410 I had 2 guys in a two door Altima come up on my bumper while I was cruising at 120 I thought okay guys lets go just as I was about to hammer the gas looked over and saw a cop pull onto the highway so I changed lanes and watchd these idiots fly by me till they saw the cop. They are lucky as hell the cop didnt pull them over. But the rest of my way home it was nothing but guys in Sunfires and older Civic flying in and out of traffic doing atleast 140 + while I sat in the middle lane doing 110. Temp warms up and people lose there mind. :vtec:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts