8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Racing seat are a + but I would rather have the Airbags functional, so Reupholstering the seats is the best option. I reupholstered my EX to leather and saved a lot of money since it was a DIY :)
I basically ordered every single panel etc from Honda coz i wanted my interior to be black LOL

I want to change the middle cloth to red on my Si. Seen people do this already. Just Don't have time to do it :)
i'm assuming your interior was tan before you changed it to black right? and how much did it cost for changing everything to black? did you also do the ceiling?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone know the part number or what it is called on the side of the seat?
It covers the metal on the side of the seat and is near the handle to lean back the seat.

But on the passenger side.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, I'm new here, and some great info in this thread, but I didn't see anyone talking about this...

I just bought an '08 Si, and while I love it overall, there's one thing I really can't stand for long: the way the lumbar support is structured. Specifically, there's too much of it in the mid-lower back...I feel like something is jabbing into my midsection. Incredibly uncomfortable. I thought it was adjustable, but obviously it's not. Can anyone tell me if there are OEM seats (with airbags) that have adjustable lumbar support? Barring that, I wonder how expensive it might be to pay an upholstery shop to open up the seat, cut some foam out, then re-stitch the factory fabric?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wife has had a 2010 civic ex-l since last sep, car is mint w 53K km. Problem is the driver seat adjust front/back with the dinky unreachable bar under the seat , and the puny hydraulic pump for up/ down. Would be ok if she was only driver, she would set and forget but the car gets borrowed by our grown kids and me sometimes and it's always a hassle to get it back to her liking.

How do I get a power drivers seat for this sucker? The 2012 mazda3 power seat is a dream and I may have to trade over to one of those if I can't sort it out on the Civic.

Any advice welcome

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Anyone know if the Si headrest would fit non-Si seats?
Yep.

There were minor differences between years for all models but all headrests will physically fit.

I currently have coupe EX-L headrests (same shape as Si but different cover) for local driving and have sedan EX-L headrests for my long distance drives. I also have CSX headrests for use once I get off my butt and swap my gray leather to black leather.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thx, will have to hunt a pair now!
Since you have an 09 sedan and want the Si style headrests, search for 09-11 1.8l coupe headrests.

The fabric used from 06-08 is different and even though it has the same gray or black colors it reflects light differently so they look out of place on an 09-11 seat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm trying to figure out a seat swap. I'd like more support than my fairly worn out stock seats.

I have an 07 Civic Hybrid (sedan). I found a pair of seats out of an 07 Civic Si (still figuring out body style).

Will the airbag sensors plug in and work properly without screwing around? Does donor bodystyle matter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im looking into swapping out my entire interior on my 2009 honda civic DX for the leather interior off a 2011 Acura CSX including door panels and steering wheel and center console. Was wonder if I would have any issues with doing that swap ? or should it fit right into my 09 civic dx without any issues?

If anyone could let me know it would be greatly appreciated, don't want to purchase the csx interior untill I know for sure.

Please and thanks

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Im looking into swapping out my entire interior on my 2009 honda civic DX for the leather interior off a 2011 Acura CSX including door panels and steering wheel and center console. Was wonder if I would have any issues with doing that swap ? or should it fit right into my 09 civic dx without any issues?

If anyone could let me know it would be greatly appreciated, don't want to purchase the csx interior untill I know for sure.

Please and thanks
Everything will physically fit without issue but be aware that the steering wheel controls and heated seats won't work without modifications to your existing dash and floor wire harnesses.

If the clockspring is still good, grab it. It'll make wiring the steering wheel controls much easier.

I can't guarantee this to be 100%, but if you are able to get the floor wire harnesses it might make the heated seats a plug n play deal. The heated seat relays are a part of this harness so all that should need to be done is to plug it into your existing interior fuse block and add the required fuses.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Does anybody know roughly how much lower I'll sit compared to the stock seats with an aftermarket seat? I'm 6'1" and I barely fit in my Coupe anymore. I don't want to be forced to sell it. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guys hope you can help me i bought a pair of Bride Seats :woowoo:

So now i need to know what i have to do to get the airbag lights off, what do i need to do with the weight sensing unit, and last but not least what to do with the seat belt unit cause i will use a 4 point harness. Yeah i hope you can help me.

by the way i´m from germany so need to find parts here :wheee:

101 - 120 of 123 Posts
About this Discussion
122 Replies
75 Participants
Kewkat
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing