8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I uploaded a couple of pictures of the seat cover.
There is a section on the side made of white cloth (I imagine this is the part that would break away)?

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3XSwcZWxkTPMXpScDdfTmZSY3c
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3XSwcZWxkTPYU96T0VzakVIOW8
(I'm told they are oem seat covers, there is a small tag that says 'USAHONxxxx Made In Malaysia' but I'm not sure about the authenticity).

Also, are there any decent do-it-yourself instructions for removing the cloth and installing these leathers?

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
wheres some places you guys are using to find some pretty decent seats, recaros/brides/corbeau? im trying to stay away from ebay as much as i can lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Forums, evolutionm.net is where I found my IX SE Recaros. ClubRSX.com is great for DC2 and DC5 Recaros. Brides are simply overpriced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys, my girlfriend has a 8th gen and shes saying the seat hurts her back. Do u have any suggestions for seats i could throw in there without causing to many problems? Im a car guy but i dont really know about hondas, im bout those nissans. :dance:

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey guys just bought some FD2 type R seats and was wondering is you guys know of any DIY for the airbags lights?? any help would be appreciated... ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got some questions about RSX-S seats in an 8th gen. I know custom rails are needed like the DC5 seats, but would the airbags work? They have them in the seats as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
so if the light is on then none of the bags will work? what about when i have my backpack with all 90lbs worth of text books in it on my passenger seat, the weight of it puts the light on. in that case are the bags going to work?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
so if the light is on then none of the bags will work? what about when i have my backpack with all 90lbs worth of text books in it on my passenger seat, the weight of it puts the light on. in that case are the bags going to work?
Placing your backpack on the passenger seat can deactivate the front passenger airbag (light above hazard switch) if it weighs less than 65lbs. Your backpack can also deactivate the passenger seat side airbag (OPDS) if it leans on back side bolster. This light is in the tach cluster to the left of the SRS indicator.

All other airbags are active when these lights are on.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do you guys know if I would have a problem installing 2006 civic si coupe seats into a 2008 honda civic lx? I read above that i would have problems with the passenger seat, but i was hoping if someone would know the answer exactly what/ if any my problems would be. I would very much appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ATTN:

I require some assistance!

I've been searching this forum and many others for a very long time now, and have yet to come to a conclusive answer.

If I were to get factory FN2(civic type r hatch) front Bucket seats (that have the airbags in them), and fitted them into my FD1 civic (which came with airbags in the front seats) will I have issues with the airbag system? Or will everything work well?

Almost 99% of forums talk about fitting aftermarkets, I'm asking if factory oem seats from another car into my car will work?

Thanks in advance, hopefully someone replies =[
(I've read this whole thread)

81 - 100 of 123 Posts
About this Discussion
122 Replies
75 Participants
Kewkat
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing