8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 769 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Where's the intercooler?

Please read post 38. this is just a st1 set up to see what happens to the shafts/pulleys etc at a higher speed (the smaller C30-74 supercharger runs to 120k the C38 runs to 90k).

The intercooler will happen but we have to catch up on some sleep first.

·
there is no spoon
16,809 Posts
One other thing you guys may want to test.... fitment with an RBC/RRC and both of their manifold covers. Since that shaft sits so close to the IM cover, would be good to know if that's going to be an issue that stateside people will have to be aware of.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
We're really keen to check the heights of the other manifolds, perhaps one of our cousins over the pond could send us some measurements? Perhaps put a straight edge across the oil filler cap hole forwards then a measurement dropping down to the manifold at approx the closest point to our shaft?

In the mean time here's a pull on the dyno I did about an hour ago. I've closed the throttle down at 6000 revs to limit the boost to 7.5psi which is more than enough for a none intercooled setup. Any more and det sets in and pulling the ign back just defeats the object. The dip at the bottom is just lean. I will have time tomorrow to fine tune the map and straighten things up.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 769 Posts