8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Does this mean people can replace the sub on si's with a better one now. Before it was impossible due to the torsion bar being in the way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I Just wanted to let anyone that might be doing this know that there might be a slightly better way. If you flip the gas spring to the other side of the hinge, and use the other hole in the rear deck for the ball stud there will be no problem with bending the metal since it’s about double the thickness in that location. This is the setup I’m currently using with 2 90 lb gas springs from McMaster (same measurements as the TS). They fit perfectly using the drilled location in the hinge from this DIY and are about ½” from fully compressed so accuracy isn’t nearly as important. I will take some pics when I get a chance

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Does this mean people can replace the sub on si's with a better one now. Before it was impossible due to the torsion bar being in the way.
thats why i did it. also, im using a compleatly differant design in my 09 as i did in my 06.... the shock will be more horizontal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
did anyone else follow this diy? images are broken and im having a hard time understanding without them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 30 of 30 Posts