8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some of the little things that you've found to be nice to have on the Si?

whether it be a cup holder in a certain location, a certain light ( above the shifter for example) or the armrest that moves forward.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
1. armrest the moves FTW!
2. AUX input (i dunno if thats on the ex too, but my old ex didnt have it so it nice to have now)
3. nice stock exhaust tone
4. shift light
5.seeing the letters "si" on the gauges and seats...ya im lame like that!

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Red Courtesy Light
I'm sorry but ^ I've always wanted to know what the hell this little light is actually used for....? I mean, I know it comes on when you turn on your headlights but.......for what?

·
Registered
346 Posts
the sound when you turn it on :thumb:

Also that damn armrest makes me happy every time it slides forward haha

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Johnold said:
I'm sorry but ^ I've always wanted to know what the hell this little light is actually used for....? I mean, I know it comes on when you turn on your headlights but.......for what?
its bright enough for my cups or stuff in cup holders

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
A radio that keeps the volume settings when you change between FM,CD,XM. I just recently found this out. Play a CD on volume 20, change to FM, turn volume to 10, when you go back to the CD, volumes back on 20 and vise-versa.
Nothing spectacular, but its a nice little touch.

·
Registered
346 Posts
airportguy770 said:
A radio that keeps the volume settings when you change between FM,CD,XM. I just recently found this out. Play a CD on volume 20, change to FM, turn volume to 10, when you go back to the CD, volumes back on 20 and vise-versa.
Nothing spectacular, but its a nice little touch.
How it stores for my ipod is definately a good touch because I have noticed that the IPOD needs to have a higher volume number to get the same volume as a radio or CD.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
everything makes me happy except the paint. theres alot of little things this car does everyday to put a smile on your face.

armrest slide is the **** though, thought i just broke it the first day.....love the feature.
exhaust note
gearbox is smooth
seats kick ass
the little red glowing light (by the dome light) at night
8100rpm shifts

whats not to love?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Johnold said:
for me, I like the courtesy light because I don't fumble for things in the dark nor do I have to turn on my bright map lights and blind my passengers who are usually sleeping children.

·
Registered
131 Posts
* I personally like the warning shift light as it lets me keep my eyes closer to the road.

* the shift knob has a great feel to it

* the stock exhaust sounds great in my opinion. it's quiet when I keep the revs low and it's loud when I drive it hard. Pefect. And when I go through a tunnel or under a bridge I'm in heaven!!! :laughing:

* I love the Limited Slip Differential. When I drive the Si, and then drive a regular Civic or any other car (I work at a dealership) that a customer trades in, and that car doesn't have a LSD, I actually realize how much it helps with the performance of the car. Not saying our car can perform miracles, but I do notice a difference...

* the two - tier dashboard, it's different from any other car's dashboard out there, and I like being different, it also helps that the layout is actually functional too. Last but not least, it helps to create a figherjet cockpit feel to the car..

* I love the ergonomics of the car in general.. it doesn't seem to "busy" if you know what I mean and even people that have never sat in it can instantly tell what each button does. I've sat in other cars and actually had to poke buttons to see what they did. Other times I would ask myself why in the hell the auto-manufacturer decided to put a certain button in a particular spot.

* the cupholders. small thing but i like them because I had a 2005 Ford Focus and the cup holders sucked donkey balls. In the civic whatever you put in there stays there. and even if you don't used it for cups and stuff, you can put little things in there and close up the top and use it as a storage bin. OR, if the bottom of the cup holder is dirty, you can just close the top so no one sees the mess!

I could keep going on and on but I'll stop here before I put folks to sleep with my ravings... :police:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I really really like everything about my Si. Everything is simple and works as it should. People are usually blown away when they sit in my car. The two tier dash and the built in navigation are foreign to them so they're usually surprised they're sitting in a civic. :D

The arm rest is comfy. The cup holders rock. The little red courtesy light is neat. The windshield wipers that wipe whenever you let off the brake is funny. The exhaust sounds awesome when giving it some gas in a parking garage. The fold down rear seats are amazingly useful. The trunk is gigantic.

Overall, this car was a major upgrade from my 2001 Diamante. This car is faster, more nimble, has more toys, it's smaller but somehow manages to have more interior room and trunk space.

A minor complaint though is that the mirrors in the visors don't have lights. A minor thing since I am a guy and barely ever use them. Although, one night I had something in my eye and I couldn't see jack **** when I tried using the visor mirror. Heh....

·
Registered
346 Posts
MarchMadnessisMe said:
ok my Si doesnt come in till this week but the center arm rest moves forward or somethin?
Yeah, it slides forward to make it even more comfortable to use the shifter... You have to slide it back to open the center console though!

·
Registered
346 Posts
ohiocivicracer said:
its bright enough for my cups or stuff in cup holders
really?? Not in my SI, it barely illuminates my hand directly below it.

We are talking about that little red light by the moonroof controls right?

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
EvilSardine said:
A minor complaint though is that the mirrors in the visors don't have lights. A minor thing since I am a guy and barely ever use them. Although, one night I had something in my eye and I couldn't see jack **** when I tried using the visor mirror. Heh....
I think that's the only thing I have to complain about the civic, that there is no light in the visors

1 - 20 of 70 Posts