8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST GOT MY TEIN SPRINGS FROM THE 8THCIVIC STORE. THANK YOU GUYS THAT WAS FAST.

AND THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE BEFORE AND AFTER ENJOY.

THIS IS BEFORE

THIS IS AFTER

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
man that looks great. have some rep for the 1st 2006 SI to show us Teins. Looks awesome. Did you do the install yourself?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Suspension Tech

Hey, I'm new here--
Your FG2 Si looks good, just about the right height.
My question is that how were the front shocks removed? Because it looks like the shocks line up with the windshield wiper point. I've been hassling Tein for their SS coilover system (posted on their site as a "Coming Soon" item) and was wondering how would you even adjust the front coilovers if you can't get access to it? Doesn't even look like a top strut bar can fit. Like most cars, the top bolts of the shock are exposed so I'm hoping you saw what was done with the installation with your springs and if that top panel was removed and so on. Also, did you get the H-tech or S-tech springs and how do they feel? I wouldn't expect the ride to be too bumpy since the stock shocks were quite stiff already in my opinion. What happen to all those products for our Si that were shown at the last SEMA?!! None are for sale yet!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, i did the installation myself, i've worked for honda as a tech for about 4 years. There are little panels at the end of the cowl that come out to expose the tops of the struts. it took me about 45 min to R\R the front and rear springs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I like it as well, but never had luck with springs! My S2000 just didn't function the way it did when i bought it stock. Course it was an S and I should have just bought the whole coilover system, but I was young and dumb... OH well I might wait for the COil over system.. IF I am gonna do it I want to do it with lotsa $$$ haha!!

The springs/drop look awesome!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is true a bunch of haters on there ,but some cool peoples too. what can we do.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts