8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My tranny slipped once about 2 years ago, in the rain at 5am heading to work. It was the weirdest thing, it never happened again tho.

Tho beneficial a cooler is definitely not required
You are running the TSI kit aren't you? I don't think anyone could get the Full Race or JoTech kit and not install at least a tranny cooler.

·
Registered
615 Posts
difference between there auto and manual kit? n can you put it in a nutshell in how they were pieces of sh!t. Just curious lol that's all
nutshell: horrible service, left me to dry once they were convinced there was "no tune" option. wanted to squeeze every penny outta me.

im not sure what the difference is to be honest, i just know they dont offer an auto option

·
Registered
742 Posts
i want to get the full race tubro kit for my automatic r18...getting the torque converter first, prob 2nd week of july

jotech im iffy about bc heard they take FOREVER to get parts out and idk...too sketch

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I would skip the torque converter until you are sure you need it. I would just install an external cooler first. There are a couple guys on here making 200 or so that are having zero issues without a cooler.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This thread got my attention.. I have an a/t and I was thinking about a level 10 converter, but first Im trying to find out if I can have a rotrex c30-74 sc custom fabbed into my engine bay.

·
Registered
742 Posts
This thread got my attention.. I have an a/t and I was thinking about a level 10 converter, but first Im trying to find out if I can have a rotrex c30-74 sc custom fabbed into my engine bay.
I would skip the torque converter until you are sure you need it. I would just install an external cooler first. There are a couple guys on here making 200 or so that are having zero issues without a cooler.
is there any r18s supercharged? id much rather super charge than turbo lol

im doing the torque converter regardless but not sure if im going with the tsi or the full race...full race seems better built and id prob get the 6258 turbo

·
Registered
148 Posts
is there any r18s supercharged? id much rather super charge than turbo lol

im doing the torque converter regardless but not sure if im going with the tsi or the full race...full race seems better built and id prob get the 6258 turbo
None that Ive seen yet.. I believe the few of us that are trying to do it are still working out the details.

Besides the russians.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts