8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Had a question for all you Honda leets. I am looking to drop a few k's on my car and I know that the typical answer is I/H/E/DCRH/Flashpro. My question is what is the best (in all your opion's) combination of brands which will give the most HP (and not too loud cause it's my DD and I don't need a headache daily :wigglesmiley:) and what is a rough estimate of costs?

Second question is what kind of HP and torque to the wheels am I looking at with that setup?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Hey guys,

Had a question for all you Honda leets. I am looking to drop a few k's on my car and I know that the typical answer is I/H/E/DCRH/Flashpro. My question is what is the best (in all your opion's) combination of brands which will give the most HP (and not too loud cause it's my DD and I don't need a headache daily :wigglesmiley:) and what is a rough estimate of costs?

Second question is what kind of HP and torque to the wheels am I looking at with that setup?

Thanks in advance
get a supercharger and intake with stock exhaust, will give you 220-240whp quiet and fast. i/h/e will be loud if you want power.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
the stock exhaust is 2.00" and when you open everything infront of it up (I/H) it is a huge bottle neck and killer of power. when i had I/H/SC, my car sounded like complete ass (muffler was completely shot in the stock exhaust) and after i put on an aftermarket exhaust i immediately felt the car actually breath

·
Registered
4,011 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
get a supercharger and intake with stock exhaust, will give you 220-240whp quiet and fast. i/h/e will be loud if you want power.
Very true, but my main concern was with noise coming from the exhaust as there are some exhausts that are a little more "dominant" than otheres :).

So back on topic, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Injen or AEM Cold Air
Kiddracing or Skunk2 Header
Vibrant/Go Power/full Race/ LSD exhaust

Flashpro with either a base map, E tune, or Dyno Tune

Done.

Unless you want more power and/or really want to do something bigger. Or just throw a Jackson Racing or CT Stg 2 SC on with a Cold Air and net around 240ishWHP... Still need Flashpro and a tune though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Injen or AEM Cold Air
Kiddracing or Skunk2 Header
Vibrant/Go Power/full Race/ LSD exhaust

Flashpro with either a base map, E tune, or Dyno Tune

Done.

Unless you want more power and/or really want to do something bigger. Or just throw a Jackson Racing or CT Stg 2 SC on with a Cold Air and net around 240ishWHP... Still need Flashpro and a tune though.
When you say Injen, do you mean Injen Cold Air intake? And what kind of HP can I expect to see with that setup you mentioned?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First of all its nice to see some fellow nocturnal 8th members. And yes although there is no boost I would have thought that there would have been at least a little more hp gain than that.

How much does a boost setup cost (average) with labor included at a shot. I have no technical car expertise :-\

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
First of all its nice to see some fellow nocturnal 8th members. And yes although there is no boost I would have thought that there would have been at least a little more hp gain than that.

How much does a boost setup cost (average) with labor included at a shot. I have no technical car expertise :-\
While peak power dyno numbers are pretty foolish... if you were to do an intake/raceheader/exhaust + FP/Cobb you would go from roughly 180whp (on average) to 205-220 depending on quality of parts and more importantly, tune.

The real trick is tuning the entire powerband to net the biggest gain in area under the curve.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

5k +

easily, and sky is the limit above that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.