Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got some pictures of the Philips 7443 LED bulb installed in a Lexus GS:

Stock 7443 bulb:

Philips LED bulb:

Notice how well they distribute the lights? Philips designed these LED replacement bulbs to maximize the use of the reflector bowl - just like it’s designed to be used!

Make sure to check out easy to use HID/LED/bulb Lamp Replacement Guide to see what bulbs your vehicle uses.

Steve

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Any videos of these lights in tail lamp/turn signal applications? I'd be interested in the turn signals, just because of the quick on/off and the brighter light compared to the stock halogen bulbs (which blend in too much with the brake lamps IMO).

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Yeah, that's why I'm interested. I would like to see maybe a side by side video of LED's on one side and halogens on the other side on an 8th gen.

·
Does this do anything?
2,716 Posts
What are the actual differences between the CANbus bulbs and the non-canbus? The Civic is a CANbus car, but doesn't have bulb failure detection for the taillights, but does have a single brake switch circuit, so it suffers from issues caused by current feedback into the brake circuit when the running lights are on. Are the standard bulbs diode isolated on both circuits? Or do they have two separate circuits?

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, that's why I'm interested. I would like to see maybe a side by side video of LED's on one side and halogens on the other side on an 8th gen.
Let me know if you're interested in doing a review/with vid in exchange for a discounted price :)

leveldowen:You will only need the canBUS option if you are planning on installing these in a turn-signal application. All the canBUS option does is provide you with a Philips load-resistor to simulate a load.

Moeblair - Please view our 2009 Honda Civic Lamp Replacement Guide for more info about your vehicle. You would just need to select the model that you have for more info.

Steve

·
Does this do anything?
2,716 Posts
@leveldowen - you up for doing a review?
I've already modified my car to diode-isolate the tail and brake light circuits at the bulbs, so unfortunately I don't think it would be a good candidate.

I'd still be interested to know if these bulbs have the brake and tail circuits (in, say, a 7443 application) connected before the diodes or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts