8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After trying to do all my research, I still can't find answers about some things so I'm going to try to compile a list of info to help others and get more answers.

I'm making this thread in conjunction to this one, but with a little extra info on devices that he did not use. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/74401-ultimate-nitrous-thread.html
I learned the basics from that thread, but still didn't know how nitrous worked or what a solenoid was (I came into this knowing nothing lol) so I hope I can answer all the basic info for you and show you some additional devices and etc.

Basic Nitrous kit (this one is ZEX)

Bottle warmer (keeps your bottles psi at a desirable level)
Fogger/nozzle (screwed into your intake system to inject the nitrous/fuel)
Fuel/nitrous solenoid (controls the flow of fuel/nitrous)
Nitrous feed line (Feeds the nitrous from where the bottle to the engine bay)
Bottle bracket (used to hold and mount your bottle to your preferred location)
Safety blow-down tube (connects to your nitrous tank and leads to the bottom of your car in the event that you build up too much pressure it will dump the nitrous outside of the vehicle)
TPS(Throttle Position Sensor) - Won't spray nitrous unless you are at wide open throttle

Now if you're going to run nitrous you'll want some safety devices to increase the chance that you won't blow your motor.

RPM Window switch - Controls the 'window' of RPM's that you will spray in (i.e. between 4000-7000rpms you will use nitrous) ZEX 82085 Nitrous Traction Control RPM Window Switch
Lean shut-down switch* - In the event that it detects your engine is running a lean air/fuel mixture it will stop spraying nitrous. http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=67
Wideband O2 sensor - plugs into your exhaust to monitor your air/fuel ratio AEM UEGO Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge 8.5 to 18:1AFR with Analog Face - AEM Part# 30-
Fuel pressure safety switch - Shuts down nitrous in the event that your fuel pressure falls below a pre-set amount. http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instructions/fpss.pdf
Fuel Pump - You may need to upgrade your fuel pump if your car is already demanding more fuel before you install nitrous (i.e. I had to upgrade from 310cc stock injectors to 410cc RDX injectors with my mods before nitrous) ZEX 82020 BOOSTER INLINE FUEL PUMP KIT

*The Lean shut-down switch is used with a wideband. Tapping into your stock wideband (secondary O2 sensor) is not recommended. You can purchase an aftermarket kit such as the AEM aftermarket wideband/sensor.

Like I said I have some unanswered questions of my own so any and all information is welcomed/appreciated.

Questions that need answers:

Where can I find a direct port PLUMBING kit for a 4cyl?

Is a fuel pressure regulator needed/recommended with a nitrous setup? How does it work?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I plan on adding info about different fittings to control the nitrous/fuel shot, spark plugs, dry vs wet kit.

Again any info is appreciated

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"let me google that for you" that was epic lol! But see they're selling the whole kit not just the plumbing =[ I've tried google and will continue trying.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No pictures :( I also want the kit to look good (i.e. anodized red and blue distributors) but I'll give them a call thanks. I also called Boosted Motorsports (shop where I bough my nitrous kit)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts