8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
901 - 920 of 10006 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Seems like M105 and M205 would be a good place for you to start, Beto. Between the compound and the polish it should get rid of most of your swirls...

Polishing How To with Meguiar’s M105 / M205 – Detailed Image
the thing is that with any product, by hand, will not achieve the best result. With the buffer im sure this would work amazingly well for the swirls but since hes not a pro and it would be his first time on the buffer maybe he should try something he cant really **** up with like megs amateur products.

ill prolly switch to this stuff once i get mine. Ive heard awesome things about it

·
Registered
19,817 Posts
the thing is that with any product, by hand, will not achieve the best result. With the buffer im sure this would work amazingly well for the swirls but since hes not a pro and it would be his first time on the buffer maybe he should try something he cant really **** up with like megs amateur products.
From what I've heard it's nearly impossible to **** anything up using a PC7424.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
From what I've heard it's nearly impossible to **** anything up using a PC7424.
Very true

The 7424 is a dual orbiting buffer which means it rotates and it spins at the same time giving more cleaning action with less power used unlike the rotary buffers that if you keep in one area could literally burn straight through the clear coat

its nearly impossible to **** up with this product thats why its very popular and more preferred than a rotary buffer

but even still practice makes perfect :3

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
but you know maintaining that finish is more important than actually achieving it because you really shouldnt do this more than 2 times a year so then what will you do the rest of the 363?

proper towels help to not put the swirls back in :]

·
Registered
19,817 Posts
but you know maintaining that finish is more important than actually achieving it because you really shouldnt do this more than 2 times a year so then what will you do the rest of the 363?

ONR once a week with a waffle weave towel to dry. Did that on mine and it was nearly swirl free all year long...

Was detailing 2 times a year by hand too. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
ONR once a week with a waffle weave towel to dry. Did that on mine and it was nearly swirl free all year long...

yeah thats why i got a big ass one

the chamois towel i had got kinda hard whenever it dried and when i wet it i felt like i was actually hurting my paint and cringed so i stopped using it.

Now im just gunna use the waffle weave and my super plushy microfiber towels :3

with black paint id rather let it get dirty then wash it than to like try to use QuikWax in the middle and end up scratching it or something

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Meguiars Ultimate Detail is pretty good for in between washes. Not sure if you've tried that or not. :thumb:
yeah thats what i used too or ill use it if i see a bird poop or tree sap on my car and quickly get it off before it has time to sit on the paint. so I keep it in the car at all times with me but i mean all the dust on the car made me feel like i was rubbing it in if i were to do the entire car

So i would just rather let it get dirty then wash it

·
Registered
18,809 Posts

Yea I need to buy a couple waffle weave towels.
Test it on some random car in a parking lot Beto.
:shadyhat:

I'd probably only detail my car for the beginning of summer and beginning of winter.

·
Registered
19,817 Posts
yeah thats what i used too or ill use it if i see a bird poop or tree sap on my car and quickly get it off before it has time to sit on the paint. so I keep it in the car at all times with me but i mean all the dust on the car made me feel like i was rubbing it in if i were to do the entire car

So i would just rather let it get dirty then wash it
Yeah. I felt the same way the first couple times I used it but the results were good. No clue how it works but it does. :giggle:

·
Registered
18,809 Posts
My car is covered in freaking ugly swirls!!! I hate. Looking at the car at certain angles.....make me feel bad. :sadbanana:

901 - 920 of 10006 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.