8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the unofficial Official Madden Reaction Thread, where you get to sound off on the monolithic football franchise, Madden 2008.

I listened to Bill Simmons' ESPN podcast review yesterday and was convinced to give it a shot. I've owned every one from 03-up and haven't really felt a significant difference as the years have gone on. Well, except the Passing Cone. I picked mine up (PS2 version) yesterday from Blockbuster and played a half using the Redskins. Immediate thoughts: not much different than 07. In fact, I stopped playing it and returned to Season 7 in my 07 version's Franchise. I've formed the Reskins into a 98-level team that can put up back to back 100 point games on All-Pro.

But I'll get into 08 soon. Aside from the new rosters, did you find 08 worth the cost?:popcorn:

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
You bought it for an outdated platform, so I don't think you're going to see what people with a PS3 of 360 will see. Personally, I think I'm going to go pick it up today or tomorrow for the Wii... Ohh yeah.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I've read some folks preferring the PS2 version to the PS3. Let me know how that Wii version is. I can't see waving around a stick to call audibles, but that's just me.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I got it for the original Xbox... and yes its just a polished 07'. Nothing too special, just the roster updates and some "cool" gang tackling animations.

Whatever you do, don't buy this game for PS3. PS3 runs at 30 FPS, but the 360 version runs at 60 FPS. I have no idea why... but don't buy the PS3 version when it is noticably inferior to the 360 version.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
ps3 sucks....but yeah, my 360 just broke so im sending it in....im so pissed!!! new madden and tiger woods and i have to wait lk a month...and im going away to school in a week so idk when im going to get my 360 back...im going to die cant wait to play madden

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Damnit.. I'm trying to find a little spoof commercial that was played on AOTS yesterday.. It was some medication for "maddenitis" or something. Ergh, it's driving me crazy that I can't remember what it was and I can't find it on the site.

magicballer2001 said:
ps3 sucks....but yeah, my 360 just broke so im sending it in....
LOL. I'm not a fan of the ps3 either, but you just gave a whole lot of ps3 fans ammo for the next year. Just the fact that you dissed ps3, and then your xbox is non-functioning is hilarious to me.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
MADDEN 08 ON 360 FTW! It's an awesome game if anyone wants to play my gamer tag is DxWRECK. Still tryin to find "my team" so far i have been using the eagles with success. I'll be lookin out for new friend request.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Here is an email exchange I had with EA sports:

Customer 08/16/2007 02:52 PM
I want to know why was I charged $60 for such an inferior product? I have owned every single Madden game since the Sega Genesis from the early 90's. Throw me a bone here please. The frame rate is horrible. The graphics look identical to the 07 ps3 version which I bought also. Your company has made hundreds of dollars from me from Maddens I bought on multiple systems, NBA Lives, the Battlefield, NCAA football (I have owned them since Bill Walsh Football) series and so on. I deserve a more polished game for the price I pay

It is even more frustrating to see the xbox360 version running at 2x the frame rate as the ps3. This is not your 1st attempt at the game, this is the 2nd one out. I deserve some sort of compensation for forking out this much money to be let down. Please take care of a loyal customer. Thanks

Response (Brian S.) 08/16/2007 03:07 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support.

I'm very sorry for the disappointment you are experiencing with the PS3 version of Madden NFL 08. If you are dissatisfied with the product, you can return the product to Electronic Arts for a replacement where you can return the sealed replacement copy back to the retail store:

- The product was determined to be defective by an Electronic Arts Technical Support representative.
- The product has been determined to be incompatible with your computer by an Electronic Arts Technical Support Representative.
- The product will not work on your computer because you do not meet the requirements.

When sending us your product, be sure to include a photocopy of the sales receipt showing the date of purchase, as well as the Requested Information shown below.

- Explanation of your situation
- First and Last Name
- Return Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number

Mailing Address:

Electronic Arts Customer Warranty
209 Redwood Shores Pkwy
Redwood City, CA 94065

Note: We strongly recommend that you send your product using a traceable delivery method. Electronic Arts is not responsible for products not in its possession.

For more information: http://warrantyinfo.ea.com

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support.

Brian S.
EA Customer Support

Customer 08/16/2007 04:04 PM
I'm sorry you are saying I should return it for a replacement of the same game? Will the replaced copy run at 60 FPS on the ps3? Will it be up to the standards that EA promised it would be?

Response (Brian S.) 08/16/2007 04:12 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting EASPORTS Customer Support.

Unfortunately, the replacement copy will be the same game. You can return Madden back to the retail store from where you purchased it for a full refund. I understand your frustration on every level and I would like to apologize for any inconveniences. If you have anymore questions please feel free to respond back to this email or please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com). Have a great day!!!

Thank you for contacting EASPORTS Customer Support!

Brian S.
EA Customer Support

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've only played a handful of games on it so far but its much better than 07 or 06. Oh yeah I got it for the 360. Its running smooth and the graphics are unreal. The new camera angles are a bit weird and i'm still getting used to the Lead Blocker and Leading your receiver. I know these have been around but I never used them. I wish they did something with Special Teams play. Its been the same old boring Right stick moves for the last few years. I'll steal some time away from the wife this weekend and get a marathon session with Madden 08 and give a better review. But from first play, its a big :thumb: from the last couple.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Dissapointed w/Madden 08

Was hoping for much different gameplay and more new game modes. Graphics are cool and some of the new stuff is nice, but it is like playing an updated version of 07 not a new game. ****, even your online record from 07carries over. I hope Tiger is a lot better on tuesday

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
^I think the reason that you like it so much is because you own it for 360.. I don't know why in the world they would make the 360 version so superior, but I have an idea.. I think it comes down to which company is willing to spend more money, and Microsoft is that company. Just like the new GTA will have far more features for 360 than it will for ps3, sony wasn't willing to pay a bonus to have additional content and microsoft was. I bet that's what happened here, because there's no other explanation as to why they would go out of their way to cut the Frame rate to half that of the other system.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts