8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
my cars 2 months old....

4K miles..... time for wheel rotation and balance ?

oil life is at 30% .... should I Vtec less ?

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
nayilsi said:
my cars 2 months old....

4K miles..... time for wheel rotation and balance ?

oil life is at 30% .... should I Vtec less ?
Balance? No.

Wait until you're at 15% oil life for an oil change.
A1 = oil change, tire rotation.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Kurt said:
Balance? No.

It doesnt hurt to rotate your tires every oil change. It just makes sure that everything wears evenly

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
asndragonboii said:
It doesnt hurt to rotate your tires every oil change. It just makes sure that everything wears evenly
I know, I was stating what will come on the first time (A1)

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Kurt said:
Balance? No.

thank u noel.

but the oil lifes declining, will Vtec put more pressure to the engine ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At honda we balance and rotate tires every 7k miles or so.
usually when your oil light says 20%, you should do an oil change. And dont worry about Vtec'n it..lol

As far as training goes, I went to SUNY Morrisville for automotive technology, but I graduated from Lincoln tech.

Keep asking!!!!!!
:vtec:

·
Registered
139 Posts
A real Honda Tech said:
I always wanted to make one of these threads...

Ill try to answer any questions that I can....

:coffee:
Since you own an '07 Si, what are your thoughts about the 3rd gear issue that some people have been reporting? Have you experienced it with your Si? Suggestions?

There are alot of threads about it here.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
A real Honda Tech said:
At honda we balance and rotate tires every 7k miles or so.
usually when your oil light says 20%, you should do an oil change. And dont worry about Vtec'n it..lol

As far as training goes, I went to SUNY Morrisville for automotive technology, but I graduated from Lincoln tech.

Keep asking!!!!!!
:vtec:
How long did it take you? How long have you been a tech? How much do you make now?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alpha said:
Since you own an '07 Si, what are your thoughts about the 3rd gear issue that some people have been reporting? Have you experienced it with your Si? Suggestions?

There are alot of threads about it here.
Yeah Ive been having the 3rd gear problem. it drives me nuts.. Next weekend Im gong to change the MTF with something else, and see how that helps. and eventually Im going to get shifter bushings and a short shifter. Ill check tomorrow at work if there is any TSB or anything.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
asndragonboii said:
How long did it take you? How long have you been a tech? How much do you make now?
Well, the Morrisville program was a 4 year bachelors program, but I hated the school, so I didnt finish. And eventually got screwed at another school, so my emergency decision was to go to lincoln tech which is a 1 year program. Ive only been working at honda since October. As far as money, I dont get paid flat rate yet, since I dont think Im fast enough and experienced enough to make the hours that I want, but I make only 30k right now. I may consider moving on soon to make more $$$$$$$

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maximus20895 said:
What's the best part about your job?
Probably teh hardest question..
I like the people taht I work with, and I like that Hondas are easy to work on.
Other wise I cant see myself being there for a long time. I dont like working for people, or really even doing general maintenance. I plan on starting a business with a friend for performance, detailing, and maybe body work in a few years. We even had a side job yesterday which I will say is the official start of the business. We installed a test pipe on a Audi A4.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have a question...last time I went in for a oil change the service writer changed my car to Synthetic...he said now I can go to 7k between oil changes..is that true? And also, now that i've switched to Synthetic, will my oil life indicator go with the Synthetic now? Or is it based off A 3k oil change interval? <-- probably a stupid question, but just wondering, thanks..

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Dang, I was going to log onto in.honda but it's not letting me :(
It worked a few months ago, I wonder why it won't now

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FG-Habanero-NavI said:
I have a question...last time I went in for a oil change the service writer changed my car to Synthetic...he said now I can go to 7k between oil changes..is that true? And also, now that i've switched to Synthetic, will my oil life indicator go with the Synthetic now? Or is it based off A 3k oil change interval? <-- probably a stupid question, but just wondering, thanks..
Well, we dont put synthetic in any car unless its provided by the customer. Even with synthetic I would only go about 5k miles. And the oil life I believe is just a 3kmile interval sort of thing.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
A real Honda Tech said:
if you need anything from In.honda let me know.
Thanks, but I work at a Honda dealership. I was just going to check if there was anything on the 3rd gear grinding because I'm bored.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kurt said:
Thanks, but I work at a Honda dealership. I was just going to check if there was anything on the 3rd gear grinding because I'm bored.
ooh.. that would make sense since you have access..lol
What do you do at you dealer? What dealer?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts