8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zeuceone said:
did you take my change?
i never have, but i have known valet's that do rob change from cars... especially when the tips are slow that night. scumbag move if you ask me

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AbsoluteGG said:
how old do u have to be to valet

The policy that i Knew of was 18 to drive the cars and i believe 16 to hand out tickets, keys, direct traffic, etc.....

but.... the kids under 18 would drive the cars anyway

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AbsoluteGG said:
what happens when u damage a car
You run out, inspect the damage, and return the car in such a fashion that the customer does not notice. Well, thats what i've seen some workers do. Personally i have never damaged a car, i've tapped someones bumper but there was no damage.

but whats supposed to be done is the manager is notified then the customer is notified. The manager will sometimes work out a deal with the cutomer to have the car repaired without notifying the valet companys insurance. If the cutomer doesnt want to hear that the Valet companys insurance cuts a check for the damage.

If the valet guy is a good worker he will usually just get a lecture and no punishment. However if he is an ******* are constantly hits cars he will probably be fired

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Have you ever done somethign like my story below?

When I lived in Mobile, AL when I went to USA for a semester, I did valet at a Renaissance Marriott downtown. I would be going to park one car, and have a set of keys to get another car on my way back. Well one time I parked a car, got in the other car to bring it back, and set the keys in the passenger seat and forgot about them. Well the car that I left the keys in checked out the next morning and drove like 150 miles before he called us and told us he found a set of keys in the car. Needless to say......I had to get in the courtesy GMC Yukon, drive 150 miles and get the keys to the other car so the other guest could go home. OMG it was like my 8th day on the job I felt so bad. But oh wellz. I didn't say there very long needless to say.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AbsoluteGG said:
how much do you get paid.

average 25 dollar base pay for the night. Then the rest is on tips. The amount of tips you make depends on the spot you have. at a low end restaurant you might come home with 50 tips+25 base so thats $75 for the night. But at places like the strip club you might get 115 tips+25 base so thats like 140 for the night.....

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
trogers8 said:
Have you ever done somethign like my story below?

When I lived in Mobile, AL when I went to USA for a semester, I did valet at a Renaissance Marriott downtown. I would be going to park one car, and have a set of keys to get another car on my way back. Well one time I parked a car, got in the other car to bring it back, and set the keys in the passenger seat and forgot about them. Well the car that I left the keys in checked out the next morning and drove like 150 miles before he called us and told us he found a set of keys in the car. Needless to say......I had to get in the courtesy GMC Yukon, drive 150 miles and get the keys to the other car so the other guest could go home. OMG it was like my 8th day on the job I felt so bad. But oh wellz. I didn't say there very long needless to say.

wow that sucks but it never happened to me. There has been keys lost and we eventually found them in parked cars. But we never had someone leave with the keys, at least not when i was working

·
Registered
356 Posts
Do you have to have a certain amount of experience or be a certain age to valet top-end high luxury/performance cars? I've seen M5's and Bentley's just sitting in one spot and never moved until the customer leaves.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts