8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal.
My 2007 Civic EX Manual has the following mods.
Replica Injen Ebay Intake
Replica Megan Ebay Header
Real Megan Downpipe
Replica Megan Ebay 2.5" catback exhaust
and LX steelies (a bit light than the ex wheels)

I ran it today for the first time on a Mustang Dyno
Mustang dyno's aren't 100% accurate but the give you a decent indication.
My WHP and WTQ numbers were a bit startling to say the least.
According to some I have spoke to and some other things I read,
Bigger motors (v6's and v8's) tend to indicate lower numbers on mustang dynos, while smaller engines (like our 4 cyl.) tend to indicate a bit on higher.

I knew that my mods had to help me a little but apparently, the rumors of R18's having more power than honda lets up, may be true.

For those who arent aware the car gets dyno'd in 4th gear because thats the closest ratio to 1.....(4th gear in the R18 is .947 i think)

Here it is: 158.9 whp @ 6,591 rpms and 134.2 wtq @ 5,570 rpms

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
hmmm. interesting. cool.

now, i wonder what those numbers would be like with REAL injen and megan exhaust/intake parts.

just jokes dude.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lolz...its all good. i honestly dont really care too much about this car anywayz.
its just my daily driver. i'm not putting a bunch of money into it with name brand stuff.
the intake and full exhaust cost me under $400 bucks so...its all good.

plus i'm taking this car to a different dyno to compare the results and see whats what.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Good numbers but that seems a bit high, from what other people have posted with similar mods.. and the wheels weight have nothing to do with your numbers btw, just to let you know..

I also have that ebay exhaust and love it.. this just proves that cheap parts are just as good if not better then name brand stuff..

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
yeah im sure the numbers are a bit high but how high is the question???

lets say you take 10 off for both, those are still great numbers for an r18
It might be off by 5 or so, the torque seems about right.. don't take any away from that, the whp is what is kind of high.. but for all we know you could have a factory freak lol, and those mods= power..

Get the Intake Manifold, torque damper and spray a 50 shot of nitrous and easy 200whp N/A R18 lol..

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the welds on my ebay header are fine...but i wouldnt reccommend it to anyone because
its a megan replica. megan originally designed this header wrong. so when others make replicas, all the replicas end up wrong. megan made the flange 3/8's of an inch too short. the result is having to doubling up on gaskets and a likely exhaust leak.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
nah.....i'm actually spending my money on paying off the car loan these days.
I'm looking to buy an s2k next winter.
That is a good idea, congrats.. you now have the highes N/A numbers on an R18 around here..

I am myself looking into buying an evo x in the next 2 years or so, but i can't help but spend money on the R18 until then.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
are you serious....how can that be?
Yea, am serious. There is an R18 dyno thread somewhere on here, you can search for it, where some people have posted their dyno numbers and i don't remember anyone as high as yours for an n/a r18.. so you might have a factory freak lol.. those numbers are better then last gen Si's.. those ep3s..

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
I was looking at that ebay "header"... I just dont feel like getting the welds fixed LOL.. that and is it worth it ;x
i have a welder so i could get it fixed..but i just dont feel like having a loud car, with all the attention i got in my truck.

but nice numbers. wonder what itll run on the track

1 - 20 of 44 Posts