8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
3961 - 3967 of 3967 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
New to the forum all the way from Germany. I Just purchased this 1 owner 08 si with 104k miles I think I got a good deal at $6,800 especially for them being rare over here. I don't plan to do much to it but I'm sure that will change the longer I browse the forums.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to go ahead and introduce myself, I'm Scott from Knoxville, TN. I just picked up a black 2009 Si Coupe to use as a daily driver. It's stock with 250k miles on it, but seems to be in very good shape for the mileage. I ordered a flashpro and raceheader for it, other than that I'm just planning to clean it up, fix a few minor issues, and catch up some routine maintenance. Really enjoying the car so far and looking forwarding to learning a bit more about them.

Nothing special, but I snapped a quick picture when I got it home last night (yes, my garage is a mess):
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

And thought you guys might appreciate a picture of the Si's roommate:
2001 AP1 S2000:
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
Honda Civic 8th gen. 2009 and 2018 Honda Fit
12 Posts
Hello everyone !
Owning yet a 2018 Honda Fit and retreated since a couple of months ago,I finally decided to get a second car last week.
It's an Honda Civic of 8th gen (2009) and customazing it will be my hobby for some incoming years.
For now,this baby is sitting in my shop and the first operation will be to give some love at the body...
So I'll be back in a few with some pics.
I'm native from Canada and be born in a french quarter of this country. I can speak lightly in english but have to apologize for my very bad control of the Shakespeare's language.
Best regards to all your community.

·
Registered
Honda Civic 8th gen. 2009 and 2018 Honda Fit
12 Posts
I wanted to go ahead and introduce myself, I'm Scott from Knoxville, TN. I just picked up a black 2009 Si Coupe to use as a daily driver. It's stock with 250k miles on it, but seems to be in very good shape for the mileage. I ordered a flashpro and raceheader for it, other than that I'm just planning to clean it up, fix a few minor issues, and catch up some routine maintenance. Really enjoying the car so far and looking forwarding to learning a bit more about them.

Nothing special, but I snapped a quick picture when I got it home last night (yes, my garage is a mess):
View attachment 245469

And thought you guys might appreciate a picture of the Si's roommate:
2001 AP1 S2000:
View attachment 245468
Let me say that your 2009 Civic coupe looks very nice but your 2001 Si is a real beauty. 😱😱😱

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! New user here from Medicine Hat, AB, Canada 🇨🇦 I’ve always been an automotive enthusiast, but just got my first Civic/first Honda. It’s a 2010 - non-Si, and I’m still figuring out how to describe exactly what model that makes this one! I christened it with an immediate drive home from Niagara Falls, Ontario back to Medicine Hat in the winter!

First modification is adding the block heater (already picked one up from Honda, awaiting installation), and then who knows!

Below is a picture I took of it on my way home while passing through Sault Ste. Marie, ON with a stop at the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Museum. The plane is a Beechcraft!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! I joined the forums a while back but never posted till now!

I've owned a 2008 EX before but I sold it so I could buy my 2008 Si.

Planning to do a FD2 conversion one day and performance mods.
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all! Bought a 2008 LX sedan in October 2021 with 122k miles to replace my daughter's oil consuming '07 Mazda 3 with 226k and have been working furiously to get it all ship-shape for her. So far I have: added splash guards, replaced water pump & thermostat case to fix coolant leaks*, replaced torn steering rack boot, replaced radiator and upper and lower hoses, thermostat, serpentine belt, PCV valve, engine air and cabin air filters, and spark plugs as preventive. Replaced ATF twice, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and of course all coolant. Oh! And adjusted the valves (and found a very clean engine internally) and did and oil & filter change. Cosmetically I painted the steel wheels and plastic hub caps & repainted the black window frame trim.

*I was convinced I bought a non-cracked block engine but when replacing the serpentine belt and spotting coolant under the water pump I took the car to an indie Honda Master Tech who knew what to look for and did a cold pressure test; he confirmed the block was good, but in addition to the water pump leaking he identified a small leak along a mold seam in the "thermostat case", which is what the EGR valve sits on and the lower rad hose connects to. He sent me a pretty cool little 10-sec video of it leaking, at about a 15-20 drops per minute rate.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

After most work done.
Motor vehicle Style Vehicle Automotive design Car

New "thermostat case"under the EGR valve:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive lighting

Clean engine under the valve cover for 123k I thought:
Motor vehicle Engineering Auto part Font Automotive air manifold

3961 - 3967 of 3967 Posts