8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

3881 - 3895 of 3895 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I am a long time Honda owner but I am here now for my '07 SI that was recently wrecked (a Deer ran into me) and I want/need to get it back together to have an inspection to get my title back. This is how it currently sits. =(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the site i drive a 2007 FA5,
  • H/I/C
  • Bomba mounts
  • Hybrid short shifter
  • TrueHart shock and struts
  • Eibach springs lowered 2in F/B.
  • Mugen RR kits with fog lights
  • Flashpro, dyno'ed 216whp/161Trq by ebtec.
Clean🔥. What wheels are those and specs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, new to the forum. Name is Justin im from Central NJ. i drive a 2010 honda civic that i got a little over a year ago, its my daily. She has roughly 110k miles on her. looking to use the forum for some information as i will be doing most of the work to the car myself. will try to post pics later but shes nothing to look at but royal blue with tinted windows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone. My name is Dan and I just signed up here. My first car was a Honda Prelude that my dad previously owned and I have it with me for almost 5 years already. I'm planning to acquire a Honda Civic this year as my new daily driver so I'm looking up all the info I need before I make the purchase. Anyway, great community you have here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello All, My name is Eric and I joined this group a little over a month ago or so.... I recently got rid of a 1994 Acura Vigor GS and replaced it with a 2006 Honda Civic EX coupe. I'm a DIY'er that has always done My own repair or replace work on every car I've ever owned with the exception of 3 of them and that's only because they were newer cars that didn't require any work done to them before they were totaled in accidents. I am Not a trained mechanic but I can do just about anything one can with the tools I have. I believe I have answered 2 diff members issues concerning no start but I can't guarantee it's the fix as My answer was based on My knowledge of My Acura which is still a Honda... I told Them No Fuel Pump Priming heard when key turned it is because the Main Relay needs Repaired or Replaced.
Looking forward to learning all I can about My new/old Civic EX to keep it running as it should

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day Everyone,

New to the Honda world, pick up a used 2011 Civic 2.2 diesel with 161k km. Living in Amanzimtoti, South Africa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone. I’m doing a ton of brainstorming and research to figure out what my next track car is going to be. There was an interesting discussion at Grassroots Motorsports and the 8th gen Civic Si came up. It really got me thinking about it and I think this just may be the one!

So I landed on these forums after Googling for various questions. This seems like a great community and there is a ton of great information. You could say I’m a prospective buyer for a Civic Si and I’m here to inform myself. :)

Quick car history blurb about me... my first car was a 2000 Honda Accord SE, automatic. It was the most reliable, boring car ever. I then got a 1999 Mazda Miata and I basically learned everything with that car. The Miata taught me how to turn a wrench, drive stick, and even win a local autocross championship. I then got a Mazda 2 and beat the living daylights out of people at autocross events with it. In a lapse in judgement, I sold both my Miata and my 2 and got the new, ND (2016) MX-5/Miata. Absolutely fantastic, but it’s so “nice” and expensive, I’m too scared to really push it at the track and the consumables cost way more than the other cars.

I thought about getting another Mazda 2 and tracking it, but it’s so unbelievably underpowered that it’s literally impossible to be competitive in even the lowest Time Trial classes. I’m kind of odd; most people hate front wheel drive, but I actually had a lot of fun with it and would enjoy a good FWD platform.

I thought about the Fiesta ST. Seems great at a distance, but the stupid electronic “LSD” constantly pulses and overheats the brakes at the track. If you somehow turn this off, now you can’t get the power down to the ground. But the power to weight ratio and the fact that it’s not a convertible were massive selling points.

Then I remembered the Civic Si. They’re in the price range I want to be in. They aren’t convertible; I’ll never have to worry about a leaking top AND it’s safer. I can lock the doors without freaking out. It has nearly the same power to weight ratio as the Fiesta ST, except it has a mechanical limited slip diff. Honda engine - basically the same as an F1 car, right??? ;)

Is the 8th gen Civic Si the perfect car for my needs? I don’t know yet. I need to read more and I haven’t even driven one. That’s why I’m here! But this seems like a great place and I’m glad I stumbled upon it.

I’ll read a bit more, then I will unleash the torrent of questions I have in store for you all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey everyone. I’m doing a ton of brainstorming and research to figure out what my next track car is going to be. There was an interesting discussion at Grassroots Motorsports and the 8th gen Civic Si came up. It really got me thinking about it and I think this just may be the one!

So I landed on these forums after Googling for various questions. This seems like a great community and there is a ton of great information. You could say I’m a prospective buyer for a Civic Si and I’m here to inform myself. :)

Quick car history blurb about me... my first car was a 2000 Honda Accord SE, automatic. It was the most reliable, boring car ever. I then got a 1999 Mazda Miata and I basically learned everything with that car. The Miata taught me how to turn a wrench, drive stick, and even win a local autocross championship. I then got a Mazda 2 and beat the living daylights out of people at autocross events with it. In a lapse in judgement, I sold both my Miata and my 2 and got the new, ND (2016) MX-5/Miata. Absolutely fantastic, but it’s so “nice” and expensive, I’m too scared to really push it at the track and the consumables cost way more than the other cars.

I thought about getting another Mazda 2 and tracking it, but it’s so unbelievably underpowered that it’s literally impossible to be competitive in even the lowest Time Trial classes. I’m kind of odd; most people hate front wheel drive, but I actually had a lot of fun with it and would enjoy a good FWD platform.

I thought about the Fiesta ST. Seems great at a distance, but the stupid electronic “LSD” constantly pulses and overheats the brakes at the track. If you somehow turn this off, now you can’t get the power down to the ground. But the power to weight ratio and the fact that it’s not a convertible were massive selling points.

Then I remembered the Civic Si. They’re in the price range I want to be in. They aren’t convertible; I’ll never have to worry about a leaking top AND it’s safer. I can lock the doors without freaking out. It has nearly the same power to weight ratio as the Fiesta ST, except it has a mechanical limited slip diff. Honda engine - basically the same as an F1 car, right??? ;)

Is the 8th gen Civic Si the perfect car for my needs? I don’t know yet. I need to read more and I haven’t even driven one. That’s why I’m here! But this seems like a great place and I’m glad I stumbled upon it.

I’ll read a bit more, then I will unleash the torrent of questions I have in store for you all.
Si is a great track car and should suit your needs, unfortunately this forum is dead, so only good for searching old threads.

Most active 8th gen stuff is on facebook now.

3881 - 3895 of 3895 Posts