8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll admit it – the 2011 Porsche 911 GT2 RS gives us the willies. There's something about the idea of 620 horsepower packaged into a 3,020-pound body
The 3,020-pound GT2 RS gets 620 twin-turbocharged horses from its 3.6-liter engine, making it the most powerful Porsche you can legally put on the roads. That's 90 more horses pushing 154 pounds less weight than in the previous version, and it gets five percent better fuel economy. Ground control is handled with tires specifically created for the car, carrying it from zero to sixty miles per hour in 3.4 seconds. On the one hand, that's 0.3 slower than the Porsche Turbo S; on the other, there's a 205 mph top speed and a 7:18 'Ring time.

Only 500 of these beasts will be produced, retailing from $245,000 when the first deliveries begin this October. And when you consider that the GT2 RS is the most powerful street-legal Porsche available today, we doubt that enthusiasts in the top tax bracket will have any trouble scooping up all 500 examples in relatively short order. For now, Porsche has just released some B-roll footage of the hardcore GT2 doing what it does best on the track, and

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
You'd think for almost a quarter of a million dollars they could afford to paint the hood. Besides that, nice car. I wonder if Jeremy Clarkson will like this Porsche.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Whatever, it probably gets awful gas mileage and the insurance premiums can't possibly be worth it.

This post was sarcastic fyi.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I spent a while last night reading about the gt2 rs on the porsche website.

They had to have been gunning for the zr1, not much else for them to shoot for....

Beautiful car, exceptionally well built, and you'll have to be a baller to sit in one lol-

On a side note..WTB dry-sump oiling system for my STI

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

They had to have been gunning for the zr1, not much else for them to shoot for....

Beautiful car, exceptionally well built, and you'll have to be a baller to sit in one lol-

they might have been gunning for the zr1, but they also took out the faster acr in the process in ring times.

·
Registered
635 Posts

the also had to make the GT2 faster than the stock 997 turbo/turbo S with PDK

1 - 20 of 27 Posts