8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to the other lazy drivers impressions of the a/t in our civics. Never read much talk about them, its all... my 3rd gear doesn't effin work on my si :laughing:.....I personally love mine in the ex. Always knows what gear to be in, and has quick reaction to the throttle. It wanted to jump around a little in 2nd gear at take-off, but I think that was the vtech thing trying to decide whether or not to stay engaged. Swapped out the wheel setup and upgraded to 17" hfp's with 225/45/17 toyo's and it got even better.No more vtech hickkup and much smoother from a dead stop through the gears, which might have something to do with the increase in diameter over the stock ex setup. And lastly, to be able to cruize 70mph and turn only 2400 rpms in a 1.8l engine is well.....................priceless!
ps....30mpg or better since purchase.

mayo...lazy shifter guy club:thumb:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I think having full control of my car outweighs all your arguments sorry..
MT FTMFW
oh yeah I have no third gear problems

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I think having full control of my car outweighs all your arguments sorry..
MT FTMFW
oh yeah I have no third gear problems
:yeahthat: (except my 3rd gear is a lil rough)

An automatic coupled to a 140 hp motor will never work if you seak performance. Trust me, I used to drive an 06 auto LX and now I drive an 07 SI - there is no comparing them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey kid, I'm complimenting not praising one over the other.....go back to your playhouse and play with something....geez.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you seek performance... see below :)

I didn't buy it for performance, I bought it for economy....duh, i purchased an ex.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He didn't say it tactfully, but i think the original poster just wanted to know how a/t civic owners like their cars. Your post of "manual is better, period" wasn't on topic; didn't help him out much.
thank you!!!!!!!!!! something relevant please.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
He didn't say it tactfully, but i think the original poster just wanted to know how a/t civic owners like their cars. Your post of "manual is better, period" wasn't on topic; didn't help him out much.
k! will be exiting this thread have funs...

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
i like a/t i mean i crave the power the k20 has couped with its 6spd but i could really careless, as long as i can make my ex look good im set.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
I like the auto trans becuase of the taller gearing it offers and I am older so I mostly just put around..... This is the first auto trans car I've owned in over 10 years. Last one was a 1965 Ford with a two speed automatic.

Plus it was the only Red EX on the lot.

Never less than 32mpgs on every tank of fuel since I bought it. My only regret it that Honda didn't offer a sport shift mode or tiptronic shift mode.

·
Registered
923 Posts
My only regret it that Honda didn't offer a sport shift mode or tiptronic shift mode.
:yeahthat:

I didn't really have much of a choice when getting my Civic, I actually wanted a manual, but I'm fine with the auto. I wish Honda gave us a sport shift mode, I mean the Fit Sport got paddle shifters and IMO, the base Civic is a lot sportier.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i drive an si and I am sure that i will get shunned for this bit sometimes when I am driving around esp in traffic i wish i had an a/t...

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
*puts on flame suit*
do you mean the "i cannot drive MT gearbox" a/t thread?
just kidding just kidding :giggle:

There are times I wish I had automatic.. Such as driving in Toronto..

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
*puts on flame suit*
do you mean the "i cannot drive MT gearbox" a/t thread?
just kidding just kidding :giggle:

There are times I wish I had automatic.. Such as driving in Toronto..
I cant drive MT lol. I never had the chance to learn. I dont know anybody with a poop box MT that is willing to teach me.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i drive an si and I am sure that i will get shunned for this bit sometimes when I am driving around esp in traffic i wish i had an a/t...
naw man... i 2nd that... actually in stop go traffic specially in the suburbs im at... it gets tiresome specially with people who cover their brakes too much...

/rant.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts