8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put down the BS honda told you when they tested your car.

For me they came back, talking about how its not noticed, and we can't do anything if we don't notice it, its spiratic, so we can't pinpoint it.

the funny part was, it happend 5 times to me when i drove the 2 miles to get there.

They called me back saying, and your tranni, it feals like a dream............. LMFAO........ these guys are such good bullSH!!ers.

and if you ask them, how many other ppl came in with this problem, and they will reply, we really don't get this...................

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, i drove slow.

didn't even past 4,000rpm

i think when they take my car for testing, they do :vtec:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
then yep they probably lied to you take it to another dealer and have them take a look at it.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
for me the gear would only pop out if i drove like a granny, never when i shifted quickly, because i used more force and held the gear inplace.

·
Registered
228 Posts
thats what i had to do with half the things wrong with my car, then even when the rep heard it, they didn't fix it saying they did only they didn't, different dealer(one where I got it, one where my dad works in service) and it was all fixed.(I don't like driving 3 hrs to get something that shouldn't be broken fixed in the first place)

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
so request a ride along so you can show them...
lol i did that and the guy didnt know how to drive... lol he was taking it to 5000rpm and slamming into the next gear and popping the clutch jusrking me around, i looked at him like WTF, i would never drive like that... he drove arounf de like 15 min. then i drove around for another 15-20 min, having a nice chat, but that helped alot because i got it to pop 3 times in that ridealong proved my point, and if a ridealong doesnt work insist that the service manager takes it for the weekend.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would never let the service manager take it for the weekend...but thats just me, last time the dealer was diagnosing my popping noise it was down a gravel road, with my new car...................honda of america got a call about that, needless to say whenever i call that dealer they are always very very nice to me now

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
sometimes its all you can do. but they should be nice regardless. i doubt that it even got to them...

after i got my tranny rebuilt there was like 200km more on the odometer then when i dropped it off... :(, whatever.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thats such crap, im just glad that we have a honda, cause if we had some american brand product it would be in the shop 4x as much...

On a side note, im not sure what all has happened with you, but if its been more then 3 times for hardware problem, it qualifies as a lemon here in the states, im not sure about up there

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Thats such crap, im just glad that we have a honda, cause if we had some american brand product it would be in the shop 4x as much...

On a side note, im not sure what all has happened with you, but if its been more then 3 times for hardware problem, it qualifies as a lemon here in the states, im not sure about up there
I have to look into that cuz its been in the shop for more then a month, as in total shop itme in days exceeding 30 days... thats alot, and Im not sure how much qualifies for lemon and what i get and what i pay??? please fill me in???

·
Registered
228 Posts
well it varies but if its been in the shop more then 30 days then it automatically qualifies, this is michigan/indiana laws. When something is classified as a lemon it is bought back by honda and you are comp'd payments, repair costs, rental car costs(maybe) and are out of they lease/finance basically like before you went in.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
well there is a proposed lemon low in ontario, and i havent paid a cent, but it has been in the shop alot, they give me a rental and its all under warranty, there doesnt seem to be a lemon law in ontario yet, im goin to call a lowyer that deals with the lemon lawsa tomarow to have a consutation... perhaps there is a brouder federal law?>

but whats the point if all i get is a 08 civic with the same problems???

but if they refunded my money that i spent on the car IE the last 20 months of payments then im all in :D but i dont think that it works that way.

·
Registered
228 Posts
"For buy-back claims, the arbitrator will establish the final value using the vehicle's kilometres at the date of the hearing. Only you know your financial situation and whether a buy-back is a good solution in your situation. Don't be surprised during the hearing."

Taken from that website, looks like Ontario's laws are a bit less friendly to the consumer

I wish you the best of luck, whatever action you choose to proceed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts