8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i dont get this color Nish! That blue over silver combo does not match well imo. paint your lips the same color as the wheels.
Thanks for the advice Sal. I'll take it under consideration.

i really like that colour and you did a fantastic job but...

I'm gonna have to agree with the sal man...

maybe toss some tireshine on that beotch!
Car was dirty. I hate you both. Car forums are for boosting peoples ego dammit >.<!

lol I know the colour combo isn't for everyone but the only two colours that look any good on Sebring Silver are matt black and this blue. And personally, matte black is over done.

Looks great! Did you sand and prep everything?
I completely stripped the wheel of the OEM clear coat and paint, sanded the machined surfaces of the face, then cleaned with degreaser like three times before starting to paint.

As anyone will tell you, the painting part was a piece of cake if you go slow and steady. The prep work is where all the labour is.

Looks good, but it isn't the same blue thats for sure
Your right, it's not the same blue. This wasn't meant to be a magic formula, rather a solution for those searching to get as close to the Volk blue as possible. I actually like the metal flake in the paint and the volk blue looks dull to me in comparison.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
how much did you spend all in all? im planning to do it myself im just not sure yet haha
paint stripper - 25.00
rim prep items (scuff pad, sand paper, tack cloth) - 30.00
spray paint including clear and primer - 110.00
misc stuff I probably forgot about - 20.00

cost of dismounting(60) and dismounting(90) the tires - 150.00

total - 335.00

for about the same you could powder coat. The reason I didn't is because I am going to track on these rims and I have my hang ups about powder coating rims and how it affects their strength.

·
Registered
562 Posts
paint stripper - 25.00
rim prep items (scuff pad, sand paper, tack cloth) - 30.00
spray paint including clear and primer - 110.00
misc stuff I probably forgot about - 20.00

cost of dismounting(60) and dismounting(90) the tires - 150.00

total - 335.00

for about the same you could powder coat. The reason I didn't is because I am going to track on these rims and I have my hang ups about powder coating rims and how it affects their strength.
tisk tisk tisk, power coat ftw nish...

should have messaged me, I could have got those mounted and dismounted a lot cheaper my friend

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
yea the engineer in me said no to powder coating. The paint job came out good but this isn't a show car and I fully expect the rims to be obliterated at the track. A few chips will give it character lol.

I didn't know you had hook ups for mounting dismounting. Damn you scotty.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
yea Scotty holds back... its what you get for leaving bbm...

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
Subbed so I remember this thread!!

Thanks for the heads up Nish, I should drive over to guelph to get mine done too if you dont mind ;)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts