8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I covered my car up last night cause i didnt want the canal water from the sprinklers on it. What a waste of time. I took it off this morning and the car has streaks all over it. So I wiped it down but it really needs to be washed but I dont have the time until Sunday. I didnt expect perfection from my Advance Auto Parts twenty dollar special, but at the least dont make it worse. Just thought I'd vent for a minute.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I covered my car up last night cause i didnt want the canal water from the sprinklers on it. What a waste of time. I took it off this morning and the car has streaks all over it. So I wiped it down but it really needs to be washed but I dont have the time until Sunday. I didnt expect perfection from my Advance Auto Parts twenty dollar special, but at the least dont make it worse. Just thought I'd vent for a minute.
Was your car clean when you covered it?

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
yeah I dont think they cover rain. I bought one and it rained on it on my old car. The next morning it was all wet. I threw that garbage away.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have a friend thats asking for it so tonight when I get home Im gonna roll it up and give it to him tomorrow and just park in the neighbors driveway on sprinkler nights

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Anyone know if the Honda car cover is waterproof, or would the same problem occur? I know my dad has a car cover for his 69 Camaro and that thing would be pointless to use in bad weather. With my car outside all of the time I would love to have a good cover, but like the OP most covers i've seen are worthless...

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Why don't you just
a) break the sprinkler head off of the sprinkler thats farthest from your car. It will cause the closer heads to have reduced/no pressure. I used to have to do this all the time.
b) get a weather/water proof cover
c) aim the sprinklers away from the car

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why don't you just
a) break the sprinkler head off of the sprinkler thats farthest from your car. It will cause the closer heads to have reduced/no pressure. I used to have to do this all the time.
b) get a weather/water proof cover
c) aim the sprinklers away from the car
Well I could do that but if I do then Im gonna send my dad to you when he starts Bit**ing

·
Registered
380 Posts
ok i have a Cover Craft Weathersheild car cover...its the best outdoor cover they make and rain still gets through that bad boy...

a car cover is used to shield the elements out and keep the car clean, but they have pores in them to allow air to flow through...the rain on my cover sheets off to a point and then it just cant do it anymore and the water passes through...it sucks but i quickly learned a way around that...ie when rain storms or snow storms are coming, i cover the car with the cover and then throw a tarp over top (yea) im that anal but hey in the morning when i take the tarp off the cover is spotless and so to is my car underneath...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
you didnt buy the right cover... i have the covercraft NOAH and water doesnt get through.. its a great cover... works great for snow too

if it really rains hard and i take my cover off before it has had time to dry then there will be a slight fog but it will evaporate and i can do some touch up with quick detail

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
ok i have a Cover Craft Weathersheild car cover...its the best outdoor cover they make and rain still gets through that bad boy...

a car cover is used to shield the elements out and keep the car clean, but they have pores in them to allow air to flow through...the rain on my cover sheets off to a point and then it just cant do it anymore and the water passes through...it sucks but i quickly learned a way around that...ie when rain storms or snow storms are coming, i cover the car with the cover and then throw a tarp over top (yea) im that anal but hey in the morning when i take the tarp off the cover is spotless and so to is my car underneath...
:yeahthat:

Great idea with the tarp too. I might have to give that a try. Right now I just let it rain on the thing and live with it. All the finer stuff that is caught in the weave gets washed through and leaves a fine silty powder on the top surfaces.

Actually I love that Honda car cover. I know it's the reason people think I bought the thing just yesterday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts