8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have a civic anymore right now but am planning on getting another one in the next week or so but i have a question about the EX's non-navi radio. has anyone tried to play mp3 cds that are in another language, like say...chinese/japanese/korean/etc.? i know it's highly likely that the radio can't display the ID3 tag info in the asian characters in its limited pixel lcd display, but has anyone actually tried? will the songs play at all?

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Davori said:
i dont have a civic anymore right now but am planning on getting another one in the next week or so but i have a question about the EX's non-navi radio. has anyone tried to play mp3 cds that are in another language, like say...chinese/japanese/korean/etc.? i know it's highly likely that the radio can't display the ID3 tag info in the asian characters in its limited pixel lcd display, but has anyone actually tried? will the songs play at all?
Well, theres no difference between a foreign and a American mp3 file. My only concern would be the display. It might not beable to display different characters. Always worth a shot though!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sk33ny said:
Well, theres no difference between a foreign and a American mp3 file. My only concern would be the display. It might not beable to display different characters. Always worth a shot though!
some computer programs, like winzip, cant read files with the filename in another language unless i use another utility like applocale. so i was wondering if this will be a problem with the civic's radio. it's been a while since i last saw a civic's radio display, but as far as i can remember, it doesn't appear to have enough pixels to display anything but english letters and numbers. so i think i'm out of luck there.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
If you have ID3 tags that are not English, it will display weird characters like back-slashes (\), or periods, etc. But the music will play regardless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts