8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best?
I'm not exactly looking for kits. I'm looking for the best intercoolers, turboes, BOVs etc... Like I said I'm not exactly looking for a kit. I'm looking for a sick set up with all the parts regardless of brands and stuff that will all work together well.

So?? I have a completely stock 06 R18. All of the turboed R18's I've seen so far have I-vtec intake covers. Did they come like this?

Haters don't post here. I dont care how guetto your setup is.
I just need some prices I can work with and so I figured I'd come to the people who know what they are talkign about when it comes to how well a turbo works with an R18.
All help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
From what I have seen/read on this forum there has been no custom turbo set-up for the r18. You would be sailing uncharted waters if you went with a full-custom for the r18.

Again from what I have read, precision makes a very good turbo. Tial (sp) supposedly makes a pretty good bov, intercoolers I would check out mishimoto (if they make them, I know they make radiators). You will need to get something to be able to tune with as well. I think the r18s still use the aem unit? There is a plethora of other things you would need, however I do not think you were asking what you needed moreso what brands to go for.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/forced-induction-nitrous/19142-r18-turbo.html . when you make a thread about and you have no knowledge on the subject you look like a dumb ass.
Lol why are you posting here? Talk about a major waste of time. Besides you can't even understand what you wrote. If your going to try to tell me off, try to actually make sense when you do it. God some people on here are freaking retards.

Your wasting your time if you reply back. Be the bigger man and shut up now.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Lol why are you posting here? Talk about a major waste of time. Besides you can't even understand what you wrote. If your going to try to tell me off, try to actually make sense when you do it. God some people on here are freaking retards.

He is right though. It's apparent that you don't possess basic forced induction car knowledge. You need to research and learn all of the basics and how things work and then when you understand all of that you can answer nearly all of your own questions and develop ideas on what kind of setup you would like to pursue.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts

I reread it and it makes perfect sence, you asked for help and I gave you advice. It you want to be *** in your reply then I'll be more then happy to watch you f*ck your sh*t up.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He is right though. It's apparent that you don't possess basic forced induction car knowledge. You need to research and learn all of the basics and how things work and then when you understand all of that you can answer nearly all of your own questions and develop ideas on what kind of setup you would like to pursue.
no. I am asking who has the best set up that is custom. I know about turbo's my bro has an srt-4 pushin 22lbs right now. I'm not retarded.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I reread it and it makes perfect sence, you asked for help and I gave you advice. It you want to be *** in your reply then I'll be more then happy to watch you f*ck your sh*t up.
Dude i have hookups with a guy that works at jarco. There's nothing I'm gonna screw up on my car.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Look at what TSI did with their kit, it works very well with the R18. Personnally I would just get that kit and have your friends install/tune it for you instead of building up a custom one. If you have to go custom then I would at least get thier manifold and run a Garrett, do the FMIC and BOV custom. As far as management, use whatever your tuner is better at.

·
Registered
214 Posts
no. I am asking who has the best set up that is custom. I know about turbo's my bro has an srt-4 pushin 22lbs right now. I'm not retarded.
Lol 22psi on what... a little pea sized factory turbo? Cool, am I supposed to be impressed by that? This thread is dumb. If your looking for big power you shoulda bought a k20a2 platform or something different alltogether.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts