8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thought some of you might find what I'm doing with a 8th gen Civic Si interesting.
20190529_184746.jpg

I acquired this 2007 last year in a rush after blowing the engine in a Mustang (2004 V6 manual :ROFLMAO:) I had while doing a lapping event at a local track. Bought this car and was back on track autocrossing it within 5 days of blowing up the Mustang..
20190617_205644.jpg

(Those are rims and tires off the Mustang btw) :p

Always thought these cars were a damn good bargin for amature racing purposes.

Currently using the car for Autocross and Rallycross... sometimes doing both on the same weekend
FB_IMG_1597020961061.jpg

Car is very competitive in stock form for both purposes. Regulary placing top 5 in PAX for autocross and 2nd or 3rd fastest time among the 2wd cars in Rallycross.
FB_IMG_1598933348124.jpg

Car is holding up great, I'm definitely hard on it. Lots of rev limiter action and suspension taking a beating most weekends.

Last weekend I was able to put down the quickest time in this car at small autocross a local club had. About second or 2 faster than some fully prepped race cars and some corvettes.
FB_IMG_1598916568191.jpg

I paid $6000 (canadian) has 110000 kms on it, and about the longest carfax report I've ever seen :oops:

Anyways if you have any questions, tips or just wanna drop in say hi..post away. I'll try to update once a week with race results and pictures or mods I'm doing. Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sept 5 AutoCross
44 car turnout
Pax time - 2nd Place
Raw time - 16th Place

Car ran great! I changed out the K&N typhoon intake that came on the car and replaced it with the stock intake. Car runs a little better. Seems to have more pull in the lower rpm.

I question the filtration of the K&N, the intake tube was pretty dirty on the inside. Makes me not want to use it again due to the dusty tracks with the Rally Cross. Anybody have any insight on this??

Also replaced my Westlake RS's tires with Bridgestone Re71r's. Between the 2 changes I was able to shave about a second off my times.

Car Setup: HS Steet Class
Front:
Camber: ~ 2 degrees (Camber bolts top and bottom)
Toe: 0
Stock shocks, springs and sway bar
225/45/17 re71r @ 37psi

Rear:
Toe: 0
Stock shocks, springs and swaybar
225/45/17 re71r @ 39 psi

Ran on 1/2 tank of gas. Spare tire removed.

Need to shave about .5 of a second off my time to put the civic into first (for Pax Time)

Next weekend is Rally Cross!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rally Cross!

Other than getting disqualified for hitting the Stop box timer it was a good event. Was able to get the Civic within a second of the fastest 2wd class time, set by a better driver than me. This was the quickest I've ran in rally cross. When I started this year I was 7 seconds off the quickest 2wd times.

Ran the same setup I used for Autocross just with a set of General Articmax winter tires. Will be looking into getting a set of Gravel Rally Tires in the future.. but need to figure out how to fit 15" rims onto the Si as its next to impossible to find 16" rally tires.
Passenger side motor mount is now collapsed, working on replacing it + injecting my torque mounts to help out with some shifting problems I'm having before this weekends Auto Cross.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Torque arms injected!

Used PL Premium polyurethane construction adhesive. Firmer than 3m Window Weld and way easier to use. Takes about 3-4 days to fully cure.

Hopefully this adds to the longevity of the passanger side engine mount and cleans up some shifting issues at higher rpm. Was really easy to do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts