8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to make one of these. I honestly did. :eek:hnoes:

well, ask away, I'll be glad to answer any relative questions.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
autumnalfalls said:
While on deployment to Iraq up north (Sinjar FTW) I met quite a few Kurdish folks. Great people, very lively and extremely hospitable.
good to know someone on here knows SOMEthing about kurdish people. most people are clueless when I mention it.

Yo megahurts - You're gonna cook some BBQ for the Vancouver folks, right?
I'll think about it.... after you take me somewhere that's better than pearl castle at least. :D

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
megahurts said:
good to know someone on here knows SOMEthing about kurdish people. most people are clueless when I mention it.
I am one of the clueless one :redface:. What is Kurdish? And what's the culture like?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pockings said:
I am one of the clueless one :redface:. What is Kurdish? And what's the culture like?
Kurdish is a language. it's similar to Farsi/Persian, but definitely not the same. the culture is basically the same as Iranian culture. Kurdistan is a region that is currently trying to detach itself from the nations it's a part of. Iran, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, etc. they want their own nation called Kurdistan. I'm neither for nor against this movement.

go here for more info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdish_people

GeezerSi said:
When did you live in Iran last, and for how long?
I was born there and lived there until I was about 2 and a half. then we moved to Turkey with my family as part of the immigration process to Canada. we lived in Turkey for about 2 and a half years, and moved to Canada on December 14, 1994. I learned to speak fluent Turkish while I was living there, but I totally forgot it all.

I've only visited Iran once since we moved away, but it was awesome. I'd love to do it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts