8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it drive aftermarket speakers well, or do they use strange crossover points or non-standard ohm levels or something like some makes do? Was thinking about this with all the speaker threads popping up. Since most better speakers will work with lower power straight from a deck, but usually sound louder and clearer with more power, I just wonder if the stock amp would provide enough power and the right freq range for aftermarket speakers to shine a little better. I'm not talking about a blow your eardrums out competition system or loading the car up with subs and all that you would pretty much NEED a better amp for. I'm talking about just direct replacement of factory speakers, which you would normally add just a small 100w give or take amp to make the speakers shine a little better with a run of the mill deck...that kind of thing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
how are the speakers/system? someone wanna take an audio/video clip of them on full blast haha

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea, i would be interested to know too.. i really would love to be able to replace the factory amp w/my audiobahn one.. and also the factory sub in the Si w/my 10".. but the factory is an 8", so my 10" won't fit (or so laws of distance be wrong!)... ideally i'd like to replce the stock components w/mine and leave amp and sub in the same factory spots..

guess i might have to wait and see when my Si w/navi is in! hehe... but any pics of the location of the amp would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
238 Posts
there is a pictures somewhere here of the amp/subs, do a quick search.. i jsut want to know the quality (hear it)

·
Registered
238 Posts
i believe its for you to store music on and play in your civic.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seamonkey420 said:
yup.. for playback of mp3s on... got myself my 1gb cf card and pc card adapter.. hopefully its compatible!

what CF card you get? I've seen up to 2gb with normal CF type 1 non-mcrodrive types, but I hear compatibility gets really hit or miss in general when you get above the 512mb ones. I wouldnt mind picking up a couple 1gig ones myself, but dont want to wast my cash if they dont work in the radio. I could always use em for the camera, but I never fill my 256mb card as it is.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would not reccomend running aftermarket speakers of the stock amp because they'll sound crappy. Most aftermarket speakers are going to need more juice because they're better and the stock amp just won't do it. If you're going to put in aftermarket speakers, do yourself the favor of getting an aftermarket amp to go along with them. It will sound 100x better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts