8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with a Race Header or something that required removal of the Catalytic Converter, What do you plan on doing when you get to that point where they call you in for emissions?

No Cat=Auto fail, as far as I know.

Which Brings me to question number two.

Does the Skunk2 70mm catback hook up directly to the cat with no modification? I was quoted $570 Installed by one6 motorsports today.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Slow_si said:
For those of you with a Race Header or something that required removal of the Catalytic Converter, What do you plan on doing when you get to that point where they call you in for emissions?

Which Brings me to question number two.

Does the Skunk2 70mm catback hook up directly to the cat with no modification? I was quoted $570 Installed by one6 motorsports today.
Don't go to one6..I don;'t like them..and yes i went there when they first started..go to Greg (GT motoring) hes a sponcer on the site, I think just from going to his shop, hes going to be the person i call "My guy" plus you get to play with Trixie..His dog..ohh sounds dirty.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
With just a jack, jackstands, some handtools & a can of WD-40 you can install the catback yourself.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
hehe, my state checks for a CEL, no CEL no problem even without a cat. or so i was informed by various other tuners...

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
No CEL = PASS

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
With just a jack, jackstands, some handtools & a can of WD-40 you can install the catback yourself.
:yeahthat: DIY is better than wasting money. If I can do it, andybody can.

·
Registered
579 Posts
DIY is better than wasting money. If I can do it, andybody can.
IMO when you do something yourself it's a much better sense of accomplishment than forking the cash for someone else to do it... cheaper and good experience.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
IMO when you do something yourself it's a much better sense of accomplishment than forking the cash for someone else to do it... cheaper and good experience.
I couldn't agree more. I can't imagine paying somebody $570 to unhook 6 bolts, then tighten them again.

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I can't imagine paying somebody $570 to unhook 6 bolts, then tighten them again.
That price probably includes the exhaust + installation. If you don't have tools, use the money saved not wasting it paying someone else to do it and buy some tools and do it yourself.

·
Registered
143 Posts

my plan is to save all my stock parts and take a day to change everything out to stock go pass smog and then put it all back on. yeah itll suck but you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
213 Posts
DON'T go to one6 he sometimes over charge he might end up charging for installation plus tax too. I say DIY is no that hard.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Pay a bit more in the Inspection Shop and use the stock Corolla of my mom to certify my SI.

I love this little island. :laughing::thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts