8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was very happy with my new SI which I purchased in October. It had nice power, good ride, and even a stylish exterior and interior.

Well, now all that has totally changed as I drove my buddy's 328i. yeah thats right, 328!!! Not 335 or M3! Now I can only imagine what those cars feel like. Yes, I know the beemer is a totally different class of car but helloooo, by the time we buy our si's and put a couple mods in, we are in the 3 series price range. I totally do not appreciate my si anymore and if somebody wants to trade me a used 3 series for my 09 Si, Im in!!!

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
sounds good but i dont understand how people now adays can be so lazy when making such a big purchase. when you buy a car... RESEARCH these things so you dont lose ass loads of money trading it right back in for something different. This is probably the 5th or 6th thread ive seen about " just bought it, regret it" or soemthing along those lines

when i wanted a new car, i test drove every option in my price range and went back to my Si option after every one.

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
just make sure you have a steady job, economy not going up any time this year

·
Registered
407 Posts
i had a 745.
it was nice. pimp. ladies jock. felt like a tank that moves faster.
but maintanance wasn't fair. any little thing goes wrong and were talkin 200 bucks minimum. I wasn't a fan of working on the car either. Its not like a honda. I sold it and got the SI. Much happier now. Ive always been a honda guy, its good to be back in one.

·
Registered
407 Posts
well, when that particular model came out it was VERY expensive. way outta my reach. I got it used from a guy who..... lets just say, doesn't pay his debts.

i was lovin it. but than it started with the problems. money became an issue. i felt "hood rich". I mean..... i got money, but this was sucking up too much of it. So, i thought, why not goto the car ive always loved and save money at the same time. so i sold it and came home with a SI. Plus i had a 67 Coupe DeVill that was eating my money too. sold that **** aswell........

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I was looking at trading in my Si for a used 330, or 328, or even a 335 BMW, but then came back to reality when I realized my payment would go up by about $150 a month, plus its not as good on gas. Even after test driving a brand new 335 coupe I still love driving my Si, its all in a state of mind.

But someday I will own one of those 335 coupes, sex on wheels.

·
Registered
928 Posts
with dinan reflash

·
Registered
536 Posts
i love every BMW, from 1 series to 5 series
however, i know i can't compare my civic to any of those
can't say Honda's quality isn't good, they are pretty good among Japanese car makers
but BMW is just too good
if you had a 3 series, you want to swap a 5 series, it just never ends

yeah...
i was on my friend's new E91 touring.....it had dual moon roof, felt so good
but there's one thing i was so surprised was it has powered sun shade...

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
135 is more affordable than a 335, and, like others have said, a bmw is an expensive car to maintain. One of the reasons they have the free maintenance you can get with the car...

·
Registered
928 Posts
the only bmw i would ever get is the m3 coupe its either u go hard or u dont bother at all

·
Registered
595 Posts
Well, I was very happy with my new SI which I purchased in October. It had nice power, good ride, and even a stylish exterior and interior.

Well, now all that has totally changed as I drove my buddy's 328i. yeah thats right, 328!!! Not 335 or M3! Now I can only imagine what those cars feel like. Yes, I know the beemer is a totally different class of car but helloooo, by the time we buy our si's and put a couple mods in, we are in the 3 series price range. I totally do not appreciate my si anymore and if somebody wants to trade me a used 3 series for my 09 Si, Im in!!!
You are the reason why car dealers stay in business.. go trade it in for a BMW.. you'll get sick of it just like your SI..

EDIT: My brother in law had a 325i.. granted it's no M3, he preferred driving my sisters Accord over the 325i..

·
Registered
928 Posts
You are the reason why car dealers stay in business.. go trade it in for a BMW.. you'll get sick of it just like your SI..
then trade it in for a porsche, then trade the porsche for a ferrari, then trade the ferrari for a bugatti, then trade the bugatti for a jet, then trade the jet for a flying carpet....

·
Registered
928 Posts
i heard flying carpets do well on the skid pad lol

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
but helloooo, by the time we buy our si's and put a couple mods in, we are in the 3 series price range
Yea... I almost see your point [/sarcasm]

2008 328i Coupe Invoice = $33,693
2008 Si Coupe Invoice = $20,107

Difference = $13,586

Turbo Kit+extras = $5,000
Tuning = $1,000
Wheels = $2,000
Tires = $800
Exhaust = $500
Suspension = $2,000
HFP Lip = $1,000
--------------------------
Total: $12,300

Take the other $1,286 and use it for gas/oil changes for 1 year

edit: or you could use the extra $$ for a retrofit

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.