8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you guys for being here for the past decade and a half. I haven't posted very much but I've often checked in here from time to time when dealing with anything related to my Civic. I have been informed that between engine spitting oil around and needing a new catalytic converter it is probably not worth the price of repairs.

It is unfortunate that there doesn't seem to be 2 door civics or SIs this year. I would have loved to stuck with civic for another 15 years.

I'm not sure what I'm going to end up with yet but I am open to suggestions.
I just want it stick and I want it silver. Prefer a 2 door.

Otherwise thanks again for my time here. It has been enjoyable, educational, and helpful.

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
How much do you guys want to bet this new generation will be the last generation for gas engines? I agree, new Civic looks classy. I hope they worked the oil dilution problem out of it. Most don't know that putting 92 octane fuel and changing the oil every 3-5K miles sort of solves it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
How much do you guys want to bet this new generation will be the last generation for gas engines?
Ed, you couldn't be more right. I'll guarantee that the '22 Civic is the last of the gas powered. I feel (much like Jeremy Clarkson comment about the Aston Martin with a V12 engine) that what we're witnessing is an ending.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I consider the 8th and 9th the real last Civic. More so the 8th gen becuase I think the 9th gen got the disgusting CVT trannny.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic SI
42 Posts
There are a lot of 8th Gen selling for good prices now. You can still find a lot of stock 8th gen SI's for low price in good condition.

I would also always recommend an DC2 Integra. GSR would be best but even the LS is good. My favorite car to drive till this day.

If looking for new options what about:

·
Registered
525 Posts
For the mustang, I would only go 5.0 and stick shift to get the full experience. As i'm more of a BMW and Honda fanatic, I do love the Shelby Mustang GT500 for what it is and it looks amazing. My dream Mustang setup would be to lower it a bit and put wide meaty tires on it to make it a true sports car (on par with the Hellcat) and 0 camber..... I just don't understand (no hate) people who slam their cars to the ground and put a lot of negative camber on it but it's not really my style. One of my relatives has an 06 350z and that thing really pulls hard with a 6 speed transmission - i'm sure the 370z is the same but it's not really my favorite style because I don't like the "trumpet" sounding exhaust. I like the 4 door saloon style cars.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sad to see the end of what most of us considered to be one of the greatest mass produced cars. But I guess that's just how the times are going.
Everything is going to be electric in the future and I hate to see people who likes this "boring" route. I just love a nice gasoline powered car.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic SI
42 Posts
For the mustang, I would only go 5.0 and stick shift to get the full experience. As i'm more of a BMW and Honda fanatic, I do love the Shelby Mustang GT500 for what it is and it looks amazing. My dream Mustang setup would be to lower it a bit and put wide meaty tires on it to make it a true sports car (on par with the Hellcat) and 0 camber..... I just don't understand (no hate) people who slam their cars to the ground and put a lot of negative camber on it but it's not really my style. One of my relatives has an 06 350z and that thing really pulls hard with a 6 speed transmission - i'm sure the 370z is the same but it's not really my favorite style because I don't like the "trumpet" sounding exhaust. I like the 4 door saloon style cars.
I would love to add a Mustang to my garage. Not the right time. But the ecoboost with performance pack has just as much torque as a GT so not a bad deal either. The new Z is going to be a nice car. I like to stick with the older hondas. Loving my 8th gen!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would love to add a Mustang to my garage. Not the right time. But the ecoboost with performance pack has just as much torque as a GT so not a bad deal either. The new Z is going to be a nice car. I like to stick with the older hondas. Loving my 8th gen!
Oh yeah, my 8th gen isn't going anywhere soon lol. I would only get the V8 for the muscle noise and torque but I do know the ecoboosts are quick for what they are! I'm not really a Z fan but they are nice zippy V6 cars.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Everything is going to be electric in the future and I hate to see people who likes this "boring" route. I just love a nice gasoline powered car.
I much prefer the raspy whine of my little four banger, than the neutered, unexciting hum from an electric motor. It'd be like listening to my ceiling fan...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts