8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ID10T
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm having my tranny rebuilt for the second time in my Silverado. Seems that they only last about 25k (~55k miles on the truck). Anyway, thanks GM!!! They should change their catch phrase from "Like a Rock" to "Like a graham cracker soaking in milk".

me <-- :eek:wneddanc

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
I'm sorry Shemmy. Hope it works out.

Btw, that was funny about the graham cracker soaking in milk!!! LOL!! :laughing:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
are you serious man? This time is out of warranty though right?

what is it actually doing - not going into gear or? Man I'm sorry to hear it.

·
ID10T
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
webby said:
are you serious man? This time is out of warranty though right?

what is it actually doing - not going into gear or? Man I'm sorry to hear it.
This time is was drivable after the explosion. I drove it straight to my mechanic.
I was coming home from work and stopped at a light. When I took off, it went to shift into second, heard the big clank, engine spun freely, and then it shifted into third. No second and no overdrive. When the mechanic went to take it for a test drive he tried to put it in reverse and that's when I found out that it's toast as well. He knew what the problem was immediately. Same problem as last time. The same part failed. I guess I should have gotten the extendend warranty.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
my gosh that sucks. And it's not like you've even abused the thing. You don't even really use it as a daily work truck. It's more like a daily highway driver. You don't pull heavy loads/offroad/etc with it all the time. Getting a few loads of mulch in it every summer shouldn't kill the tranny.

Do they actually have to replace the whole tranny, or just a part? I don't even want to think what a whole tranny in that would run.

·
ID10T
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a partial rebuild. The cost for the parts is about $150 which isn't too bad. It's 12 hours labor to do the job though. 4 wheel drive doesn't help any since the transfer case and all that stuff needs to come out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i don't know much bout transmission but my auto tranny was makin a hell of a lot a noice when shiftin from P to R to N to D. Brought to the dealer. They opened up the car and found out that the car was in an accident and gotta pay 3 G to fix it. I might just sell it and save the money 4 college or some ****. I like Hondas but I wish the dealerships weren't so specific about the warranties.

It wasn't my fault that i got into the accident.

well, i am kinda in the same boat bro. Hope ur tranny gets fixed and runs as good as new.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
wow that's a bummer. 12hrs of labor is nothing to sneeze at. That's pretty major. Hopefully all goes well with it, and he cuts you some sort of deal since he's already done it once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts