8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a towhook...... because i got rear ended today and the car hit my towhook and only scratched my rear bumper and i was hit prety hard :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the other cars license plate was all bent up no damage to me except scratches

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
towhook has a very minor scratch u have to get ur face on it to see it pretty much lol

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
In this situation Im sure he was glad to have one. I might jest get re-bar and stick it in the back so if I get rear ended, they get harpooned. :eek:hsnap:
Gonna be herra JDM ya'll.
those tow hooks are hideous, i wouldn't get one for the .000001% chance it might save your bumper from getting scratched. that's what insurance is for.

1,200 Posts
I was joking... I think they're idiotic too but in this guys case it helped him. I dont even think tow trucks would even use the hooks. The way they bolt them on seems sketchy.

·
Registered
402 Posts
First time I saw an anodized tow hook on a Honda (Civic), I thought it was supposed to be someone's idea of a toy wind-up key! One of the dumbest add-ons I've ever seen.

Tom

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
First time I saw an anodized tow hook on a Honda (Civic), I thought it was supposed to be someone's idea of a toy wind-up key! One of the dumbest add-ons I've ever seen.

Tom

Love it or hate it, they serve a purpose. True it's a racecar part that trickled down to the street scene, but what's wrong with that? People like what they like, and try to personalize their cars to their taste. All of us have automotive influences that came from somewhere regardless of the genre: racecars, imports, hot rods, muscle cars, lowriders, VIP, etc, etc. Tom, you sling a ton of "opinions" around this site, but the same thing that inspired you to paint flames on your purple Dakota, inspired other automotive enthusiasts to do whatever they wanted to do to their cars.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Wish I had one. Then the bastard that rear ended me, and took off on me (on the highway I might add), wood of had some good damage to him. I got $700 paint damage to my back bumper. And now the bumber won't snap into place right. Sucked ass, he was driving a golf. He took an exit just as I was pulling over. Tried to go after him, but he was long gone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts