8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cross Posted from club rsx. Lets have the 8th gen community represent. K-series texas meet. This is WAY in advanced so no excuses!

This will serve as the official thread for the next all-state meet, in Austin. All points open to discussion, nothing finalized at this point, will edit as details firm up.

1.) Date: The first Saturday of the month, 11/3, seems reasonable. I would like to avoid conflicts with student travel time around Thanksgiving.

2.) Location: The parking garage at the 360 Loop Bridge we all know (maps to follow). If weather is inclement, there will be plenty of shelter.

3.) Time: 12:00PM. This will give the out-of-towners plenty of time to get here and those who arrive the night before time to sleep off their hangovers.

4.) Agenda: Hang out at the garage at 360 and shoot photos, show cars, etc. There are dark areas for those wanting HID headlight shots, the bridge is right there, and the autumn light will be low on the horizon, which is photogenic.

The Austin group will provide drinks and light eats to all. I am think of picking up some platters of small sandwiches, cold-cuts, chips, salsa/guac, etc. I want to keep preparation of food items to a minimum. If any care to tailgate it with small grilles, that would also be fine. As other groups have done in the past, I will ask for money ahead of time for those wanting to eat.

5.) Cruise: At approximately 3:00PM, we will leave for the Hill Country tour. I am thinking that we head up 360 to 2222, then take 2222 to Lime Creek Pkwy, then 1431 to Marble Falls, then back down 183. About 1.5 hours, total, depending on pace.

For those who want to cruise, there will be two groups. The faster pack and the more casual group. I think both groups of drivers will appreciate not being in one-another's ways and everyone will have a good and safe time.

Maps will be provided and pre-determined stops will happen to allow the respective groups to re-organize, take bathroom stops, etc. Destinations will be clearly marked, so that even if someone falls off the pace, they will know where to go.

6.) Dinner: We will end up at Rudy's on 183, on the north side of town. They can handle our volume, the food is great, and there is plenty of parking.

7.) Nighttime shoot: Location TBD. We can leave Rudy's and head there, take pictures, then go for drinks afterward.

Both Phil and the Dallas gang did a great job, as did Justin in SA and his crew. Let's keep the good energy going in Austin! Thoughts/ideas/input welcome. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone can come, its just the theme of things. The meet we had last weekend was mainly k-series but there was a 350Z, WRX, etc. The more the merrier =)

·
Registered
345 Posts
yeah that
any cars can come
clubrsx hosts, everyone is welcome
should be a lot of fun
ask the guys that attended the last one :biggrin:

·
Registered
345 Posts
xxbodkinxx said:
2.) Location: The parking garage at the 360 Loop Bridge we all know (maps to follow). If weather is inclement, there will be plenty of shelter.
we'll have the maps and pics up soon to follow

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This one is going to be fun. I hope we can setup a photo booth to where each person can get a pic of their car solo. I have gotten a ton of "do you have a pic of my car" in the other thread so im sure it would be popular.

·
Registered
881 Posts
xxbodkinxx said:
This one is going to be fun. I hope we can setup a photo booth to where each person can get a pic of their car solo. I have gotten a ton of "do you have a pic of my car" in the other thread so im sure it would be popular.

we could set some thing up under the garage where we can have people's portraits taken with their cars. I could just use a really diffused source to light the car and a seperate source for the actual person. What do you have in mind?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts