8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i'm getting a test pipe and just wondering how easy it is to remove the cat and also put it back on if i need to.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks. am i gonna show a cel when i put the test pipe on or is there something i can get that will not make it go off

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
make sure you have an 02 sensor tool.. its perfect!

and use a defouler. dont get a pos diy defouler. get a good one.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what is a 02 sensor tool? how much is a good defouler and where do i find one?
sorry i'm a newb with this stuff

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
hey i found this. T1R Racing Converter - Honda Civic Si 06+ FG2 / FA5: Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST
is that all i would need? and is that 70mm piping? thanks for all your guys help :)
I have this test pipe and I have had some problems with it, here's the thread (http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/exhaust-discussion/181608-t1r-test-pipe-owners-come-itt.html) I have since had the pipe re-welded to fix the leak and it has held up fine so far.

Also the removal of the cat on our cars has not shown any real gains from the dynos that i've seen, there are a few threads on here about it, search for them and im sure youll find them. The test pipe does make the car a lot louder though, and of course you get the full exhaust smell which can be annoying at times.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I don't really like Taiwan Racing products to be honest, they sell the stuff at premium price and the qualities is not worth the moneys in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
The T1R is built nice, don't get me wrong...but imo after seeing the welds break on mine and them wanting me to pay the shipping to get it fixed, i'd say they are not worth the price.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
The T1R is built nice, don't get me wrong...but imo after seeing the welds break on mine and them wanting me to pay the shipping to get it fixed, i'd say they are not worth the price.
There's another member here and that has his T1R test pipe flange came off, and he had a muffler shop weld it back for him.

They do have good products but just not worth the price like you said.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i have the kidd racing header and it come with no cat jus a pipe, is thier a difference in a test pipe and what i have or is it the same thing?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I am seriously starting to think that my catalytic converter hates me. I have been trying to put my header on for the last two days and have made no progress with the three bolts that connect it to my tsudo 70mm. Is it possible that the exhaust shop that installed the tsudo cross threaded two out of the three nuts, because one comes out incredibly easy, and the other two just move slightly right and left. I am getting rather annoyed with these two bolts, if I cant get them off tomorrow I think I will be forced to have an exhaust shop cut them off.

·
Registered
234 Posts
They are pressed bolts.. you must hammer them straight out with a hammer.. theres no turning them haha.. just hammer them out.. i believe these are the 3 you are talking about?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts