8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is theres any member with test pipe and got a problem with the police??
i just installed mine yesterday and my cousin said the car can get impounded for that cause its not steert legal anymore.. so any idea??? i dont wanna run the stock cat anymore..

·
Registered
136 Posts
I actually just took off my test pipe this morning after around 5 months of use because I got scared about being caught. Does anyone know what the actual penalty is? I think its big, but not sure.
well does your car look and sound like a car from the fast and the furious?
maybe then will the cops actually use the mirror to check for cats... and thats a maybe...
havent heard any cop using the mirror except in CA...
:popcorn:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Ok honestly not sure. My car did get pretty loud with the test pipe and I did get pulled over a few times but no one ever checked for a cat. I just thought about it, and the risk of the fine that could be large outweighed the minimal gain in horsepower for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
huge huge huge penalties!!!
you are disabling emissions equipment..
Google it by state..
But it can amount to SERIOUS fines!!
If you must do it, get a hi-flow cat..
You do not gain any serious amount of HP by deleting them..
We did dyno tests on my z-28, and its less than 2 hp(out of 300 rear wheel)
Bob

·
Registered
105 Posts
In Oklahoma at least, I'm not sure about other state law, anything but stock exhaust is illegal and the ticket for it is really high, the only way you can get out of it is to go to the court and provide proof of re-installing the stock.

Check w/ your state laws though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.