8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I went to the expo center today where they had the new Si along w/ the whole Honda crew, two test tracks for all the models, and even free lunch:popcorn: On the outside, the cars looked very nice, but I felt Honda could have done better with the "mickey mouse" plastic dash and door panels. The Cps & Sedans looked great two. And of course, there was the Si :rolleyes:
Wow!! This baby drives so smooth!! I had never tested a car this powerful before, so I was a little afraid to step on it, but I had it in a blink...
...and so I went into the track, ha ha :driving: taking the curves was a blast(notice the huge front sway bar on the pics). The car revs awesome and acceleration as well as handling was a brisk, not to mention braking :) You do feel some oversteer when turning and this most probably happens because of its not so big rear sway bar as you can see in one of the pics, but oversteer was quickly fixed when ever I'd step on the gas, no slugishness whatsoever by the way. The track I drove the car on didn't really allow me to push it faster, so I never got to enjoy it fully. I really felt so much more in control of the road. I'm sure there will be room for plenty of suspension and power improvements as well as esthetics for this car. Definately the best Civic ever.

Pics:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I going to test drive in DC ,I have high hopes for it. one question does the honda guys let you drive the car hard or fast? o they tell you how fast you can go?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The pic inside the Si was a 5 mph zone, right after the finish line. On the track you could speed to however fast you would be able to, without hitting the cones or getting out of the track. Autocross remember? While driving, I left it on 2nd gear since the turns were really sharp, but they were super fun to take. I must have been doing like 15-25mph, very quick turns...lol, no kidding, now I understand why they say autocross is so exciting..my adrenaline was pumping hard. At one point, I slowed down and it turned off on me with another Si coming at the begining of the track..I was like oh shiett!! :eek:hnoes: let me go! :driving: :laughing: What really surprised me was that Honda allowed everyone to drive on their own, without a supervisor next to you. I felt like I needed more, something like Twin Motegi. :D

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure thing webby. I figured the Si is still two months away acording to the press. This way you guys could have gotten a bigger preview of the car.
By the way, with the new design and front suspensions set up, we can forget about upper strut bars right? The struts are right under the windshield :eek: Correct me if I'm wrong but, where can we attach an USB?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
^^have no fear. They'll have a flat one that'll fit in there I'm sure. There is a little more clearance than you think

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I saw there's some space right behind the engine, but the way it's designed will make it almost impossible to get that bar in there; this car is diferent in almost everything from the 7thgens.
By the way, did anyone see the red Si with a lipkit on this month's Modified magazine? It looks great!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yup, super high performance Pilot Exalto PE2 tires.
This car is soooo race ready, you all can't even imagine how great it is till you drive it!
By the way, it hasn't been released yet and it's already taken the VW GTI turbo, the Mazda 3 Speed & the Scion TC..
Can you dig it!! :rockwoot:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bottom Left ...NOT... Top Right

Better than RSX

Si-aficionado said:
Yeah, I saw there's some space right behind the engine, but the way it's designed will make it almost impossible to get that bar in there; this car is diferent in almost everything from the 7thgens.
By the way, did anyone see the red Si with a lipkit on this month's Modified magazine? It looks great!
Is Modified part of the Primedia Group?

See the 2006 Si in "Super Street"

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949

·
Registered
610 Posts
Si-aficionado said:
On the outside, the cars looked very nice, but I felt Honda could have done better with the "mickey mouse" plastic dash and door panels.
I noticed the materials were slightly cheaper only on the 2dr Si. The Product Development team did mention that the pre-production models had a slightly different mold stamp (interior plastic) at the time they were produced.

BTW, each of the Sis on display (I think 6 of them?) were valued at just under $1,000,000 (really). :eek:

Si-aficionado said:
Definately the best Civic ever.
USDM? I agree. You feel the weight difference but the car grips well and has significantly reduced oversteer over the EM1 and EP Hatch. Also, I liked the placement of the shifter over the previous models. Still could be a few inches closer to the driver. More pics here:

Civic Live Los Angeles

1 - 17 of 17 Posts