8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ID10T
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It had the 5-speed automatic w/ navi. Overall I was really impressed! Seems like it's got alot more torque than the previous generation Civic. The chassis is rock solid and there is little body roll. The car has a nice balance between handling and comfort (think Accord). I think the wheels and tires they put on there really help in that department. Build quality was top notch.

In the interior the dash seems really long. You can't see the hood even if you lean forward. This was unusual for me since I drive a truck. The seats were really bolstered nicely and much more comfortable.

It really is a whole new Civic and it's alot of car for the money! I highly recommend driving one. The sticker was 21k on this particular vehicle.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Shemmy said:
It had the 5-speed automatic w/ navi. Overall I was really impressed! Seems like it's got alot more torque than the previous generation Civic. The chassis is rock solid and there is little body roll. The car has a nice balance between handling and comfort (think Accord). I think the wheels and tires they put on there really help in that department. Build quality was top notch.

In the interior the dash seems really long. You can't see the hood even if you lean forward. This was unusual for me since I drive a truck. The seats were really bolstered nicely and much more comfortable.

It really is a whole new Civic and it's alot of car for the money! I highly recommend driving one. The sticker was 21k on this particular vehicle.
NICE MAN, lucky u!!
only concern i have is, if u drove a.. im guessing ex sedan wit nav, and it was at 21k, whats a better engine equiped si wit nav gonna run?
im thinking more then the 21k that has been mentioned....

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Thanks Shemmy :thumb:

DeezV604 said:
NICE MAN, lucky u!!
only concern i have is, if u drove a.. im guessing ex sedan wit nav, and it was at 21k, whats a better engine equiped si wit nav gonna run?
im thinking more then the 21k that has been mentioned....

I'm guessing the same thing :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Shemmy said:
You can't see the hood even if you lean forward. This was unusual for me since I drive a truck.
You did notice from the outside that the windshield and hood are pretty much at the same slope, right? :)

Anyway, cool review. I hope I get a chance to test drive it soon myself. I'll try to drop by a dealership after work tomorrow.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
wow that rocks shemmy. I can't believe you drove one! The dealership I talked to by me said they SHOULD have them in stock Monday. I'll be sure to drive down there and try to drive one, and pick up a brochure on it.

so you drove an EX - Automatic - Sedan - With Navi. That has to be the most expensive possible car to drive.

I wouldn't expect the SI to be THAT much different.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Civic EX Sedan with Navi 5-Speed Manual =$19,760 5-Speed Automatic= $20,560

off the other pricing I posted on the home page. MSRP price

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I just read that they say base price on the SI - $19,600 without destination charges.

add navi, $1500 additional in the EX versions. So I'm sure it'll be 1500 more in the SI probably.

·
Registered
321 Posts
webby said:
so you drove an EX - Automatic - Sedan - With Navi. That has to be the most expensive possible car to drive.

I'd have thought differently. I'm sure the difference is as different as going from an automatic base RSX to the RSX Type S. They feel very different to me.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Any comments on road noise? My current honda accord wagon ('93) is getting too loud for comfort.

Also, how does the stereo sound? Does it need 'adjusting', or can you turn it all the way up and not have to worry about distrotion? Does that 8" sub really make a big difference?

----

A preview into Honda's new advertising campaign:

The commercial starts with a crying baby...and that's all you see as the camera zooms out from the baby's crying face, only to hear the announcer start talking over the baby, "The all new 2006 Civic by Honda...don't worry, you won't have to wait much longer."

·
ID10T
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
tomasro said:
Any comments on road noise? My current honda accord wagon ('93) is getting too loud for comfort.

Also, how does the stereo sound? Does it need 'adjusting', or can you turn it all the way up and not have to worry about distrotion? Does that 8" sub really make a big difference?
The car is very quiet compared to the last generation. I drove it on a section of highway made out of grooved concrete that typically will produce a loud humming noise in the cabin and there was none of that. Unfortunately, I never turned on the radio. I did notice the auxiliary jack for MP3 players was mounted low right by the center console. There was a nice spot for an iPod!

The guys at College Hills Honda were really good about letting me drive it. They hadn't really even prepped it or anything. They are a sponsor on this site as well!

·
ID10T
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
webby said:
wow that rocks shemmy. I can't believe you drove one! The dealership I talked to by me said they SHOULD have them in stock Monday. I'll be sure to drive down there and try to drive one, and pick up a brochure on it.

I was surprised to see one there to tell you the truth. I was there to test drive an **cough** Odyssey :eek: :laughing:

·
Registered
111 Posts
webby said:
I just read that they say base price on the SI - $19,600 without destination charges.

add navi, $1500 additional in the EX versions. So I'm sure it'll be 1500 more in the SI probably.
and actually, the Nav is an additional $1750 in the coupe versions....b/c of the added XM features.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Shemmy said:
I was surprised to see one there to tell you the truth. I was there to test drive an **cough** Odyssey :eek: :laughing:
lol - I had a feeling that might be the case. When I told the wife you test drove it she was like... WHAT!!!? He's getting a new civic now? I told her that you might have been looking at the odyssey.

I have good news though. I just got back from the dealer. They don't have any brochures for the car yet, but the guy told me he could do better. I looked at him puzzled, because I scoped the entire lot for an 06 without finding one. He said while I was inside the dealership, a truck had just pulled up in the back with an 06 sedan in the new blue color.

We went out back and looked it over. Very impressive. I couldn't drive it yet, because they didn't even check it out at the dealer. He told me to come back in about 2hrs so I could test drive the car. There are definate changes over the previous civic.

Wipers now are at each end of the windshield and point toward the center. Then they wipe each side from the center out.

Rear seats - They don't split now. The entire rear seat now folds as one piece and the latch is now in the truck to release the seat back. Shame on Honda for that. I can't yet reason why the rear seat wouldn't be split folding. That way someone could still sit in the back with an item coming into the cabin from the trunk. Now that isn't possible.

Door shape up by the side mirrors. The front door has a crazy angle to get around having the door too big I'm guessing. It leaves a portion of the glass solid on the vehicle instead of being attached to the door like normal. So when you open the door- look at the angle up by the side mirrors. Just looks funny - but is still cool.

I'll update more after test drive in a few hours.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
ok, the car wasn't ready till just now. I need to get my camera pictures downloaded and resized. Full report coming in a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think that the higher end sedan and coupe models have the 60/40 split
I sure hope honda didn't put all the seat latches in the trunk for all models that would be a major pain in the ass
I can't wait to see what it looks like with the blue colour
We here in Canada won't be getting them until the end of the month aparently ... such BS considering we're making them
can't wait to read your big report.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
I test drove a 2006 civic 4 door ex MT. I loved everything about it except the door mirrors are misplace in my opinion. I allready left a $500 deposit for the 2006 civic I want. Atomic blue 5 speed mannual, with NAVI cuz I tend to get lost alot in the city I am eagerly awaiting the dealer to call me and tell me they got my civic in earlier than expected. They showed me the paperwork on what and when they were gettin what in. My car is not even assembled until OCT 5-9. which should put it at the dealer around 10-15. I cannot wait for it to get here. ALSO I asked to see the invoice on the 4 door ex with navi. it was $19,399 that includes the delivery charge but not the dealers detailing and pinstripping, and mud flaps, but I told them not to even put that junk on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts