8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
i really really really like there concept. the gs i would actually buy one

its the same thing as the vauxhall or opel whichever it is that they have in europe and aus. to bad if it comes here it will be a turbo 4 instead of the v6 in europe iirc

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
:facepalm:

For the last time its an Opel Insignia. Designed by Opel. Imported to the UK as the vauxhall insignia.
The v6 is turbo'd also and I'm sure if it sells well gm will bring that engine state side as well.

>>>D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sadly I think Americans will find it lacking in power. It's only got 200 ponies same as our slow si's.
Did you even read the article? The turbocharged engine has 220 hp and 258 lb-ft! 23 more hp and 119 more lb-ft of torque! A lot less than others in it's class, but a lot more than our Si's...

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
torque means little after 4k rpm. I hate when people talk about torque when they don't even understand how it effects a car. So in racing terms all that extra torque won't do much vs. the si besides from off the line. It might be nice in "daily" driving but I feel most people who complaing about the si not having enough torque aren't using the rpm band as they should. driving 3k-4k rpm car has plenty of umph to get in and out of traffic. Anyways, 20 hp to the crank isn't that much different from an si. A bolt on Si would get about the same to the crank if not more. Plus I don't know the weight of that thing but I'm sure its heavier than an Si. Not sure how anyone could see this car as being faster than an si. Except for maybe slightly.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sadly I think Americans will find it lacking in power. It's only got 200 ponies same as our slow si's.
By your proxy no one would be buying Acura TSX's or IS250's....

You're doing a really good job of not knowing what you're talking about.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
torque means little after 4k rpm. I hate when people talk about torque when they don't even understand how it effects a car. So in racing terms all that extra torque won't do much vs. the si besides from off the line. It might be nice in "daily" driving but I feel most people who complaing about the si not having enough torque aren't using the rpm band as they should. driving 3k-4k rpm car has plenty of umph to get in and out of traffic. Anyways, 20 hp to the crank isn't that much different from an si. A bolt on Si would get about the same to the crank if not more. Plus I don't know the weight of that thing but I'm sure its heavier than an Si. Not sure how anyone could see this car as being faster than an si. Except for maybe slightly.
Oh so now people will buy the Buick to race? Dude wtf are you talking about? The torque is there simply for passing and low end acceleration.

If you wanted that, you'd just hold out til the Regal GS gets released next year, which is based off the Vauxhall Insignia OPC (the one driven on the last episode of Top Gear back in January or so). 325 HP and AWD in a car the size of a TSX...not bad.

Besides, torque is quite important after 4k anyway...especially considering the actual formula of HP is (torque * RPM) / 5250. What you meant to say is that HP will be higher than torque after 5250 RPM....still doesn't mean it's not important, torque is still the independent variable that actually CREATES horsepower. Given the Buick reaches it's max torque at just 2000 RPM, assuming that torque curve stays flat, it'd be a very capable car at acceleration and passing, especially once already moving.

And lol at your childish "a bolt on Si would make as much HP", it still couldn't touch the torque. Besides, if you wanted to use that stupid and childish rationale....you do realize how beneficial, inexpensive, and simple it is to tune a turbocharged engine don't you? Especially considering that this is merely a detuned version of the 260HP turbocharged 4 banger in the Cobalt SS....so yeah it'd be pretty easy to regain that lost 40 HP I'm sure.

So yeah, you're really really good at being clueless. Please keep going, your ignorance is giving me a good chuckle this morning.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
When it comes down to it I'd take the Sonata turbo over a Regal. I think the Sonata will emerge as a big competitor for Buick. From already testing a Sonata SE and Limited Hyundai has made a huge leap, and in my subjective opinion jumped ahead of everyone else in the segment. And even cars people would consider more upscale. I really hope Hyundai keeps respective trim levels with the turbo motor - GLS, SE, and Limited.

I doubt either of these cars can be called superior to the other. The Sonata seems the better value on paper while the Buick could be said to have the better "prestige" behind it.

Sonata:

Regal:

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Oh so now people will buy the Buick to race? Dude wtf are you talking about? The torque is there simply for passing and low end acceleration.

If you wanted that, you'd just hold out til the Regal GS gets released next year, which is based off the Vauxhall Insignia OPC (the one driven on the last episode of Top Gear back in January or so). 325 HP and AWD in a car the size of a TSX...not bad.

Besides, torque is quite important after 4k anyway...especially considering the actual formula of HP is (torque * RPM) / 5250. What you meant to say is that HP will be higher than torque after 5250 RPM....still doesn't mean it's not important, torque is still the independent variable that actually CREATES horsepower. Given the Buick reaches it's max torque at just 2000 RPM, assuming that torque curve stays flat, it'd be a very capable car at acceleration and passing, especially once already moving.

And lol at your childish "a bolt on Si would make as much HP", it still couldn't touch the torque. Besides, if you wanted to use that stupid and childish rationale....you do realize how beneficial, inexpensive, and simple it is to tune a turbocharged engine don't you? Especially considering that this is merely a detuned version of the 260HP turbocharged 4 banger in the Cobalt SS....so yeah it'd be pretty easy to regain that lost 40 HP I'm sure.

So yeah, you're really really good at being clueless. Please keep going, your ignorance is giving me a good chuckle this morning.
:badger::usa:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Wrong, it's made by Germans.
:facepalm: Oh man here you come again. You always want to think you possess all the knowledge in the universe. Yet in your inevitable stupidity you say, wrong its made by germans, LOL do you not think I know this? Hence I even POINTED OUT it was an OPEL design. Some people just lack common sense. My remarks about the power were related to it's price and its market segment. Honda's have never had lots of power buyers of Honda's/Acura's don't expect them to either. The is250 is the lowest model and the is350 has decent go. So that's a bad comparison. But Americans expect American luxury cars to have power. Look at Cadillacs for example. Just like people expect German luxury cars to have power. You just always want to pounce on somebody when ever they have a different opinion than yours because you're a very insecure person. Have a nice life guy.

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
:facepalm: Oh man here you come again. You always want to think you possess all the knowledge in the universe. Yet in your inevitable stupidity you say, wrong its made by germans, LOL do you not think I know this? Hence I even POINTED OUT it was an OPEL design. Some people just lack common sense. My remarks about the power were related to it's price and its market segment. Honda's have never had lots of power buyers of Honda's/Acura's don't expect them to either. The is250 is the lowest model and the is350 has decent go. So that's a bad comparison. But Americans expect American luxury cars to have power. Look at Cadillacs for example. Just like people expect German luxury cars to have power. You just always want to pounce on somebody when ever they have a different opinion than yours because you're a very insecure person. Have a nice life guy.
WTF are you talking about?

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:facepalm: Oh man here you come again. You always want to think you possess all the knowledge in the universe.
No I don't, you just don't know anything.

Yet in your inevitable stupidity you say, wrong its made by germans, LOL do you not think I know this? Hence I even POINTED OUT it was an OPEL design. Some people just lack common sense.
Your exact quote:
vauxhall? don't make me laugh. The british make crap cars.
So yes I still maintain that you're a complete idiot.

My remarks about the power were related to it's price and its market segment. Honda's have never had lots of power buyers of Honda's/Acura's don't expect them to either. The is250 is the lowest model and the is350 has decent go. So that's a bad comparison.
No it isn't...that Buick Regal is the lowest trim level too, with the highest being the GS, so again you're an idiot.

But Americans expect American luxury cars to have power. Look at Cadillacs for example. Just like people expect German luxury cars to have power.
Dude wtf are you talking about? Since when did an Audi A4 or a BMW 328i have power? Americans don't expect American luxury cars to have power, and also Cadillac is aiming to be a top tier brand, Buick is looking to compete a step below them, on Acura's level.

You really have the critical thinking skills of dog ****...so much so that you actually make **** up.

You just always want to pounce on somebody when ever they have a different opinion than yours because you're a very insecure person. Have a nice life guy.
Not quite, what you say is just so mind blowingly retarded that it's worth pointing out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts