8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well he makes a point... something could have messed with the pumping of fuel... you sure your fuel pump is ok, or that your fuel filter isn't clogged? Something could have disrupted the flow of fuel, so check everything dealing with the fuel system. Taxing...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
im not getting spark either though wouldnt that mean that its an electrical problem?

im not used to working on engines with the amount of dependancy this car has on the computer, so this is all a very new experience for me.

im off to try to find a new ECU... does anyone know if I can flash it to my car without it getting towed to a honda dealer?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
im not getting spark either though wouldnt that mean that its an electrical problem?

im not used to working on engines with the amount of dependancy this car has on the computer, so this is all a very new experience for me.

im off to try to find a new ECU... does anyone know if I can flash it to my car without it getting towed to a honda dealer?
Throwing parts at it will not help, especially a new ECU. You can't just plug and play those, the dealer has to reflash it to work. Take it to a dealer not local to you and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
it doesnt run and I cant afford to get it towed to a stealership

like I said above, do you think there is anyway to get it flashed without going to a dealer with the car?

I really think its the ecu because it wont communicate with a computer

·
Registered
4 Posts
So exactly as the title states, my tempature gauge went out and the car just died...

I tried changing out the relays and fuses, ripped apart the dash and checked for shorts...

What is the temp gauge connected too? can anyone chime in? what could make it do this...?

It will crank
Ever figured it out?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts