8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im new here n i just got my si recently right. Well i bought a short ram aem intake. I intalled it, after i installed it, my temp gauge started going up like to 'H' so got home right away and pop up the hood and my engine is normal like not overheating n stuff but the gauge says that it is what do i do:[ pls help asap!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i diden get to dc it when i was intalling it.. Should i do it now? Since im not driving it

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Hmm if it indeed get shorted you will need to replace it, the thing is, if you have the intake the dealership wont replace it for you, so put the stock intake back on and they will probably just fix it under warranty.

But Miguel from now on any installs you should disconnect the battery

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thnx man! I diden know that but when u reset it u just take out the negative right n let it stand for 10 min?

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
MIGGIZLE said:
thnx man! I diden know that but when u reset it u just take out the negative right n let it stand for 10 min?
yeah, then let it idle again for like 5 minutes. If that doesnt solve the problem its most likely the sensor thats defective

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
But yeah miguel if your car is still crazy you are going to need to put the stock airbox back on and just go to the dealership and just pretend you don't know whats wrong with it. They will just find out and fix it under warranty

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
true true... so like if i just leave it like that it just voids my warranty?? that sucks.. haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts