8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new to 8thcivic and am seriously considering buying an Si. Some of you guys have got me down with your complaining though.

So, here is a shout-out to all of you with trouble-free Si's.

Boast about your:

-lack of rev hang!
-gears that don't grind!
-beautiful paint!
-high quality construction!
-etc!

Lets hear it! Psych me up to buy that Si!
(My bank account will thank you if I go for a Si over a GTI)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If only I could boast about that list you have there.

I will boast how fast the windows roll down. Not one person was not surprise by them.

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
one thing i will tell you dude :vtec: = PRICELESS whew nice sound and feels great, right now i only have AEM CAI under the hood of my 07 fg2 but when my ride hits VTEC its like having an exhaust rpm past 4500 = BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM tru that 3rd gear grind but its all abotu the driver mine never grind again after grinding it 3 times lol i learned how to deal with it already, but when the engine is fully heated oh men each shift feels like butter so smooth

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
V-TAKkKKK yo

·
Registered
728 Posts
My FA5 has absolutely no rev hang, has a very nice paint job, doesn't rattle, and none of my gears grind!:thumb: I must be one of the few lucky ones!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
dude my 08 Si is coming in this week and im so excited go for the Si you wont regret it, there are always a few probs with cars but it wnt mean urs has a problem u jus gotta hope u get one of the good ones n for every 10 ppl with a problem theres 9000 problem free i kno a few ppl with Sis and no ones gear grinds and like everyone else said the sound of VTEC is amazing go for the SI!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
My third gear isn't that bad anymore with the transmission fluid change (it is still there though, and I have learned to deal with it)

My paint looks good

Rev hang isn't really there

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
The experiences with the Si seem to be good or bad for different people. I must have lucked out... I'm very happy! :thumb:

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you think you're going to get a trouble-free VW, you are sadly mistaken. VW's (no offense to anyone that owns one) are some of the most troublesome cars I've ever come across. I used to work at a dealer that sold them. I also used to work at a Honda dealer.

The Si's do seem to have a select few problems, but I'm guessing they've worked most of them out now that the 08's are coming in.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
opps said:
Hey, I'm new to 8thcivic and am seriously considering buying an Si. Some of you guys have got me down with your complaining though.

So, here is a shout-out to all of you with trouble-free Si's.

Boast about your:

-lack of rev hang!
-gears that don't grind!
-beautiful paint!
-etc!

Lets hear it! Psych me up to buy that Si!
(My bank account will thank you if I go for a Si over a GTI)
Hey I don't know what else to say other then i'm completely satisfied with my 06 Si and I've got about 90,000kms On it.Little things don't take away from the total package and anyways I never liked the GTI or VW's(Versitile Wood) at that. VTEC is a wonderful thing:vtec:

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
one new GTI caught on fire the first week of ownership. not the owners fault too.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I seriously dont like this car much. Graduation gift it is but mann this car has so much to deal with seriously. You guys have to admit it that it sux.

rev hang
DBW
no tuning
limited after market parts
etc....

I hope to trade it in soon for something better. But for now, ill "enjoy" it a bit more and hope for solutions to the problems to arise!

·
Registered
125 Posts
DeVoTeD_1 said:
I seriously dont like this car much. Graduation gift it is but mann this car has so much to deal with seriously. You guys have to admit it that it sux.

rev hang
DBW
no tuning
limited after market parts
etc....

I hope to trade it in soon for something better. But for now, ill "enjoy" it a bit more and hope for solutions to the problems to arise!
Wow must be nice... graduation gift. Hmm, I suppose you could have gotten a $2000 pos... but yeah, this brand new $20k car you have, sucks real bad.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Good luck finding a (new) comparably equipped car as fun to drive for 20K. My Si has about 3K miles on it now but...

-lack of rev hang!
Yeah, it's there. Does it bother me? Nope. Is it worth all the time spent complaining about it? Not to me. You get used to it and wonder what all the fuss is about.

-gears that don't grind!
I have yet to have 3rd gear pop out or grind.

-beautiful paint!
I don't have enough miles to judge this one. But I was rear ended last week and the rear bumper and the paint came through the accident great.

My last vehicle before the Si was a Lexus ES300. Is this Si build quality as high? Nope. Is it more than acceptable for a 20K car. Yup!

-etc
IMO - if the worst things that people can come up on this car is an occasional 3rd gear issue (which seems to affect the minority), paint that shows road wear, occasional reports of interior noises, and an intentionally designed RPM drop delay, Honda has done dam good. Compared to the horror stories I read about on the VW, Mazda, and Subaru boards, I'm thankful I went with Honda.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't experienced any problems with my 07 fg2...no issues with the rev hang or dbw or the gear grinds...the paint is in great shape..i keep on top of it tho'..been waxing once a month...but the paint is thin and i expected better from honda from having owned an 00 si...and the interrior does scratch easily...but i've never regret buying it and enjoy driving it..we do have to keep in mind that it is a civic... i still do think that for it's price it's hard to beat.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts