-39 -1.54 -33.0 / -1.3 to -55.0 / -2.17

REAR
Approx. Height Adjust Range
mm inch Max/Min(mm/inch)
-36 -1.42 -12.0 / -0.47 to -46.0 / -1.81

SPRING
FRONT
SPRING RATE / PART No. Replacement Availability
kgf/mm lbs/in Part # Max/Min(kgf/mm-lbs/in)
6 340LBS SY060-01225 -

REAR
SPRING RATE / PART No. Replacement Availability
kgf/mm lbs/in Part # Max/Min(kgf/mm-lbs/in)
7 390LBS - - / 0 to - / 0

Based on this info, the new civic has good weight distribution. it was not nessacery to put to heavy springs in the rear to make the car rotate. I cant wait, looks good too!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those rims are not that pretty though :(. But seriously, this is one of hte first hondas with such good wieght distribution. I can only imagine this car stripped and ready for the track :). The subframe and frame are amazing to what I read.

Eddie

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
THM8 said:
FRONT
SPRING RATE 340LBS

REAR
SPRING RATE 390LBS

Based on this info, the new civic has good weight distribution. it was not nessacery to put to heavy springs in the rear to make the car rotate. I cant wait, looks good too!

OK guys,

To be honest, those rates aren't *that* aggressive especially considering the weight of the car (especially the Si)... However, the motion ratios are much improved on the new 2006 Civic, they are now basically 1:1 so a 390 lb./in. spring rate is going to act like 390 lb./in; at least relative to autocrossing they aren't stiff enough.

As for weight distribution, most FWD cars are carrying 59-62% of their weight over the front wheels... The new 2006 Civic is no exception. It's polar moment is improved, and the fast steering ratio helps that along, but you'll never see a FWD car sporting a 50-55% front weight bias, and you wouldn't want to either! Traction coming off corners would suck.

The real question to ask is: Has anyone cornerweighted a bone stock 2006 yet though?

AND

Since we're on the topic, what is the rate of the OEM Si spring? I have an LX Coupe that since I'm running in Stock, I can't change the OEM springs. But the Si fronts are 17% stiffer and the rears are 14% stiffer. If I can get hold of those numbers, I can figure out what rates my LX Coupe has.

Anthony "Mario" Crea

·
Registered
177 Posts
looking for just springs?? personally i'd stick with neuspeeds or eibachs... you can buy skunk2 right off their website or from a site sponsor. but i'll let you work for your answers...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts