8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I saw some threads but I'm still confusing between those..
So, what do you guys think about in performance?
Which suspension did you mostly satisfied with performance or handling?
Of course ignore the prices...:(
TEIN, Megan, or HFP?

I personally thinks TEIN gives the most satisfaction....u..?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Full system

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
MY OPINION!:

I am currently going from Tein SS to HFP.

Keep in mind:

Too low you bottom out the strut/ shock.
Too low CG may give negative effects on suspension and handling.

Short and sweet for reason for change.

All up to you. I wanted adjustable from the beginning and got Tein SS. They are ride height adjustable not full adjustable. There is a difference. Tein SS were too soft for me. I thought that getting adjustable suspension would be nice, but it is a PITA. You should/ have to change and get an alignmnet when you change the height anyway. Tein SS were a /are nice ride, but not for handling. Looks they are good.

I have done some research on and off site. These cars are designed for the street, not to be slammed anymore than 1.5" really or you are compensating shock and strut travel. Again that is my opinion and from an engineering stand point, it makes sense. Race cars are designed low with shock and strut travel in mind.

I was bottoming the strut out/ hitting bump stop over semi light bumps.

I have not received my HFP kit yet as I ordered it yesterday. HFP kit is design and engineered specifically for the application, not one company designing for many makes and models.

These are already engineering and tuned from the factory stock, remember it is 2007 not 1987. Lowering the car does not always mean it will handle, strut/ shocks and springs need to be tuned as well, not one or the other.

Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hfp..

Wow..thanks for the info!

Xtreme Thunder said:
MY OPINION!:

I am currently going from Tein SS to HFP.

Keep in mind:

Too low you bottom out the strut/ shock.
Too low CG may give negative effects on suspension and handling.

Short and sweet for reason for change.

All up to you. I wanted adjustable from the beginning and got Tein SS. They are ride height adjustable not full adjustable. There is a difference. Tein SS were too soft for me. I thought that getting adjustable suspension would be nice, but it is a PITA. You should/ have to change and get an alignmnet when you change the height anyway. Tein SS were a /are nice ride, but not for handling. Looks they are good.

I have done some research on and off site. These cars are designed for the street, not to be slammed anymore than 1.5" really or you are compensating shock and strut travel. Again that is my opinion and from an engineering stand point, it makes sense. Race cars are designed low with shock and strut travel in mind.

I was bottoming the strut out/ hitting bump stop over semi light bumps.

I have not received my HFP kit yet as I ordered it yesterday. HFP kit is design and engineered specifically for the application, not one company designing for many makes and models.

These are already engineering and tuned from the factory stock, remember it is 2007 not 1987. Lowering the car does not always mean it will handle, strut/ shocks and springs need to be tuned as well, not one or the other.

Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I have had Tein SS and they are both ride hight adjustabile and damping force adjustable and they still suck balls. I now run Tein Flex, which are better than the SS but not great either. Unless you are going to be racing, get the HFP or Mugen suspensions. Those are made by Honda or someone that is closer to Honda than any other aftermaket suspension company. Also, READ THE STICKIES.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts