8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about this issue a while back but didn't get back many responses. I'm posting again because it seems that the problem has got progressively worse.

Whenever I make slow turns in my car I tend to hear a creaking or rubbing noise. does anyone know how this could be fixed?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've had H-Techs on my car for a few months now and do not have this problem. Did you cut the bump stops when you installed the springs?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J-StarR said:
I've had H-Techs on my car for a few months now and do not have this problem. Did you cut the bump stops when you installed the springs?
no i didn't...tein told me i didn't have too. should i?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I used the factory bump stops as well. I believe the springs state which corner they should go on, did you make sure that they were installed in the correct corner?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
J-StarR said:
I used the factory bump stops as well. I believe the springs state which corner they should go on, did you make sure that they were installed in the correct corner?
I didn't do the installation but I did verify with the shop who did that they were installed correctly. I also called up Tein and they said it is most likely the bearings near where the springs connect to the struts. Can anyone verify that this may be the problem? I plan on bringing the car to the shop sometime this week and would like to tell what they may want to look for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts