8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Recently installed new Tein Flex-Z's on my FG2. These replaced my Koni STR.T's/Eibach Springs that I felt road to harsh/too bouncy. I also went through tophats every week..
Anyway, I install the new Flex-z's pretty easily as they're already assembled. I didn't cut the bumpstocks or change anything besides the ride height. I'm sitting a bit under stock ride height.

Now even with the dampers maxed on the 16th setting; the car rides obnoxiously bouncy. It makes it extremely difficult to drive on anything but completely flat ground. It almost throws me out of my seat.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there anyway to less the bounce aside from a entirely new set of struts?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi guys,

Recently installed new Tein Flex-Z's on my FG2. These replaced my Koni STR.T's/Eibach Springs that I felt road to harsh/too bouncy. I also went through tophats every week..
Anyway, I install the new Flex-z's pretty easily as they're already assembled. I didn't cut the bumpstocks or change anything besides the ride height. I'm sitting a bit under stock ride height.

Now even with the dampers maxed on the 16th setting; the car rides obnoxiously bouncy. It makes it extremely difficult to drive on anything but completely flat ground. It almost throws me out of my seat.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there anyway to less the bounce aside from a entirely new set of struts?

Any input would be greatly appreciated
In my experience the softer setting usually make the ride less bouncy. Go all the way down to 1 click and adjust from there. Bounce can also be affected by how stiff your tire sidewall is as well

·
Registered
374 Posts
I immediately thought preload when I saw this pop up in my email. And also turn the compression/bound to the softest setting. The rear should be as soft as you can because it effects the ride quality. Turn the stiffness up when you wanna go fast around the canyons. Adjust the preload, then report back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts