8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally getting around to posting this up! Sorry to those who've been asking for results. It's been a crazy couple weeks at work.

Anyways, I thought I'd share some pics of T1RaceDevelopment's shop in Rowlett, TX. Anyone in the Honda world who isn't familiar with Tony Palo and his 8-second red DC2 should have their head examined. I can't say enough about how cool everyone at that shop is and how much I appreciate the time they took to answer any questions I had.

I'd like to mention that we had great success with the Injector Dynamics 725cc's with my tune. The max IDC was at 78% even with the Walbro and crushed FPR, so there's plenty of room left in case I want to upgrade to meth, aftercooler, etc. in the future. Another thing to note is that Tony performed all the testing R&D for Injector Dynamics and this new injector technology. Therefore, in exchange, his shop is the sole distributor of these injectors. Anyone who knows anything about injectors will tell you that these are leaps and bounds above RC or Honda's stock/modified injector atomization.

For reference, it was a warm 85 degree day with low humidity. Dyno is an in-ground Dynojet 248. Of course, I don't have a base dyno to compare...but I'm satisfied with the results. Just a couple weeks before, another blown Si with a 3" pulley and similar bolt-ons only made 4 (four!) more WHP than I did.

Just a quick rundown:

-CT-e supercharger w/ 3.15 pulley (rated at 10 psi)
-ID 725cc injectors
-Walbro fuel pump
-Crushed FPR
-PW:JDM intake
-Skunk2 header
-Full Race 3" exhaust

~Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Nice job dude! Your setup is almost identical to what I'm shooting for except with the JRSC. How's it drive?

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
:woot: Deformed Whale Penor :giggle:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nice job dude! Your setup is almost identical to what I'm shooting for except with the JRSC. How's it drive?
I'm still on the stock clutch and after Tony got done with it, I think it's on its way out soon, lol. Other than that, the actual drive is extremely smooth...much like after I was e-tuned. Boosting with high RPM at highway speeds is the tits.

wht kind of dyno was used?
Dynojet

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice. :woot:

Is that a catch can,in the last picture?
:giggle: I was hoping you'd see that since you asked about it a while back. Yeah, it's a Carbing can. Fit perfectly in that little space.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice numbers. Hows it feel?? Put you in your seat?
Yeah, it definitely does. Suprisingly more so than you'd expect from a 200 wtq car. And as soon as you hit the pedal, the power is instant. The car doesn't really feel any different at WOT runs than it does with the basemap. It's cruising and daily driving that are astronomically better than what the (rich...but safe) basemap offers.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Yeah, it definitely does. Suprisingly more so than you'd expect from a 200 wtq car. And as soon as you hit the pedal, the power is instant. The car doesn't really feel any different at WOT runs than it does with the basemap. It's cruising and daily driving that are astronomically better than what the (rich...but safe) basemap offers.
Nice. Im in for vids!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts