8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
On the e-dyno I made that when I did the swap but on this dynojet I made 245 / 189 when I initially did the swap.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
the edyno is calculated as it is, I basically picked up 40 whp right after the swap which was consistent between my edynos and my dyno pulls at go pwr.

That is what I was more concerned with.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Yeah, car is still sitting in the shop waiting for a new build. Head gasket leak turned into bent rods and piston to valve contact so it will be getting done right this time.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
It is being built now by K20z3allmotor. Getting tranny work done(type R final drive), going back to k20, RRC pistons, and some work to the block and head to make it flow better.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I see you're going back to a K20 w/ OEM pistons, guess you didnt like DD'ing the K24 motor with the wiseco pistons?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I actually loved the k24 but wasn't built well in my opinion after hearing what my mechanic had to say. I had a head gasket leak and then my mechanic took it apart to find that the valves were bent, had some piston to valve contact, deck height problem, and some other stuff. $700 fix turned into a 4k fix, fun stuff but you gotta pay to play I guess.

We were gonna go back k24 and do it right but the person we bought the block from was unreliable and didn't deliver the goods so finally we opted to go this route which I wish I would have done to begin with. Can't beat OEM reliability.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't let a ****ty built block ruin your view of aftermarket parts :bunny: Did you have piston slap with the wiseco's?

In for the new build though :vtec:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
Well...I might just be back in the game! K20z3allmotor (Emmanuel) got the car back up and running. It's solid with an all new motor (and Vit tune). Probably needs a paint job...but whatever lol

Parts list updated. Pics...not so much.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts